RNW Media is looking for a:
Programme Manager Economic Inclusion (new programme)
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
32- 36 hours/week, starting asap
Vacancy number: 20-008
As Programme Manager for our newest Programme on Economic Inclusion you work in a fast-changing and international environment. You are responsible for developing strategies and activities relating to the Economic Inclusion programme. This includes programme development, planning, setting targets and budgets in line with the organisational strategy, donors and annual plans.
Since our Economic Inclusion Programme is new, you are someone who likes to build something from the ground up and help shape the vision on this programme. You know how to translate your ideas into a programme strategy considering important aspects of our work such as youth participation, gender equality, (social) media and human rights. Innovation, strong organisation and communication skills and drive for results defines you.
Positioning in the organisation
The Programme Manager Economic Inclusion is positioned in the Programmes and Implementation department and will report to the Director of Digital Programmes.
What will your responsibilities be?
- You are responsible for the overall development, building and implementation of the programme (framework) as well as the development of deliverables and approaches, in line with grant agreements and international policies;
- You manage projects and budgeting/planning for different donors in multiple countries for the Economic Inclusion programme;
- You identify and develop strategic (local) partnerships in line with RNW Media-wide strategy and programme theme at country, regional and global level.
- You develop and implement opportunities to build networks, link to regional networks and other stakeholders;
- You assess opportunities for upscaling our Economic Inclusionprogramme to new countries;
- You contribute significantly to the capacity building and quality of the performance of country team members;
- You ensure that relevant donor requirements and targets for programmes are met;
- You ensure the quality/impact of country projects, in close collaboration with other teams (eg. Digital and PMEL).
Our desired new colleague has:
- 5-7 years’ experience in managing funded development programmes and in implementation around themes of economic inclusion, livelihoods, youth employment and entrepreneurship;
- Master’s degree in media, development, social sciences or economy;
- Experience in managing a team and being accountable for your teams performance;
- Experience with working with international teams for international NGO’s;
- Native/near native English speaker, additional French or Arabic considered a plus
- Project and programme management;
- Knowledge of proposal writing and programme management;
- Outstanding leadership and organisational skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple activities and timelines across multiple countries.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk.
We offer a one-year contract for 32 or 36 hours per week.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people with whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and Northern Africa and China are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
We aim to fill this position before the end of February.
- Apply HERE before 20th of February 12AM. In your application letter please outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role.
- Interviews will take place on Monday February 24th (first round) and February 27th (second round).
- An assignment is part of the procedure, which will be discussed during the second round interview.
- Compensation & benefits offers will be discussed with HR on February 27th in the afternoon and 28th in the morning.
- Candidates will have to decide on February 28th at the latest.
It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.