RNW Media is an international organisation that builds digital communities for social change. We use online media to engage young people (15-30 years old) on sensitive and often-taboo subjects – from love, sex and relationships to civic participation. Through our platforms, young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Programme Manager Citizens’ Voice
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
32-36 hours/week, starting asap
Vacancy number: 20-009
As Programme Manager for Citizens’ Voice you are an experienced international development professional with thematic experience and interest in the areas of:
- Civic space and civil society strengthening (specifically for and with youth)
- Inclusive governance and citizen feedback processes
- Human rights
- Digital rights
- Media for social change
As our CV programme operates at the intersection of youth, human rights and the digital space, you will recognise both the opportunities and threats that the digital realm offers and will be able to demonstrate your vision for taking CV further in this field. You are someone who can bring our CV programme to the next level. Strong organisation and communication skills and drive for results defines you.
Positioning in the organisation
The Programme Manager CV is positioned in the Programmes and Implementation unit and will report to the Director of Digital Programmes.
What will your responsibilities be?
- You are responsible for the overall development, building and implementation of the programme (framework) as well as the development of deliverables and approaches, in line with grant agreements and international policies;
- You manage projects and budgeting/planning for different donors in multiple countries for the CV programme;
- You contribute significantly to the capacity building and quality of the performance of country team members;
- You ensure that relevant donor requirements and targets for programmes are met;
- You contribute to or lead the development of funding proposals and strategic partnerships, in close collaboration with Business Development team. Special attention will be paid in 2020 to the strategic partnerships from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- You review internal and external communications relating to the programme;
- You represent RNW Media and the CV programme to external stakeholders at various events, programmatic alliances, platforms and network groups (locally and globally);
- You ensure sharing and learning regarding the programme takes place in and between the different countries and Hilversum.
What are the job requirements?
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in international programme management;
- A Masters’ degree in social science, political science, development or economy;
- Experience in managing a team and being accountable for your teams performance;
- Experience with working with international teams for international NGO’s;
- Experience and passion for CV themes identified above;
- Native/near native English speaker; additional French or Arabic considered a plus
- Project and programme management;
- Knowledge of proposal writing and programme management;
- Outstanding leadership and organisational skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple activities and timelines across multiple countries.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk.
We offer a one-year contract for 32 or 36 hours per week.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people with whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and Northern Africa and China are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
We aim to fill this position before the end of February.
- Apply HERE before 20th of February 12AM. In your application letter please outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role.
- Interviews will take place on Monday February 24th (first round) and February 27th (second round).
- An assignment is part of the procedure, which will be discussed during the second round interview.
- Compensation & benefits offers will be discussed with HR on February 27th in the afternoon and 28th in the morning.
- Candidates will have to decide on February 28th at the latest.
It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.