What does Max Foundation do?
Max Foundation is an ambitious and fast-growing Dutch based non-profit organization founded by Steven and Joke Le Poole following the death of their son Max. Max Foundation believes that no child should die from easily preventable diseases and aims to provide a healthy future for as many children as possible in the most effective and sustainable way. Max Foundation works with a clear focus, geographically, as well as with regard to fields of operation. Business, transparency and thinking in terms of returns are our core values. Max Foundation strives for efficiency – the maximum value for money spent. When it comes to determining how we work and what we do, we ask ourselves: what is the most efficient and effective way?
The organisation is growing fast, last year we doubled our income and team and in 2020 we started our operating in Ethiopia. Over the years we developed our unique integrated Healthy Village approach in which we combine the thematic areas of WASH, nutrition and health. We have reached more than 1,9 million people with our programs in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, and Nepal. We strongly believe in working in partnerships, as together we can achieve more. We also set-up a social water enterprise with a mission to build and operate mini-grids for piped water supply to households in Bangladesh. We provide 24/7 supply of safe, affordable and running water at home. To date our impact has been to connect 1,500 households to our water grids.
The Programme Finance Officer supports the Controller and MT for the overall programme financial administrative functions, good financial management of the programmes and quality management. You know the story behind the figures and advise the programme manager on all budget issues. You signal and investigate changes proactively and work closely with controller to manage the overall finances well. Of course, you will ensure that the financial procedures/donor rules are respected. You’ll directly report to the Controller and will work closely together with the rest of the Max team.
Other responsibilities are:
- Support the Controller in the collection of financial data, explanations and advice for the preparation of various reports, plans and budgets;
- Be involved in budget development (programme proposal) and financial management (programmes) financial management of programme budgets up to and including final reports
- Collecting of financial data from country offices, draw up financial analyses and delivers financial donor reports;
- Supervises budget and liquidity of own programme portfolio;
- Performing financial administrative activities within the organization. He/she manages the general ledger and sub-administrations and is responsible for (checking) the connection of financial administrations;
- Carry financial administrative activities in such a way that data is processed quickly and accurately and that the timeliness, correctness, completeness and accessibility of the financial administration have been contributed;
- Strives for continuous improvement of our AO/IC organization;
- Develops knowledge in the field of donor rules, ensures compliance with these donor rules;
- Support on financial control and risk management
Profile of the ‘ideal candidate’
Education and experience
We are looking for a motivated Programme Finance Officer with a HBO level education with minimal three years’ financial work experience; in a non-for profit organisation.
– Analytical and results oriented;
– Honest and accurate;
– Reliable and stress-proof;
– Ability to manage and work independently and efficiently;
– Attention to detail and integrity are important for this position;
– Love to work with Excel;
– Excellent written and verbal skills in Dutch and English and preferably familiar with the Dutch not-for profit funding environment.
– Intercultural sensitivity and communication skills
If you are interested in a really challenging job in a dynamic organization where everyone works with their heart and head to achieve maximum impact – saving as many children’s lives as possible – then send your written application, together with a curriculum vitae, to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding vacancy/ Programme Finance Officer.
Remuneration will be according “Regeling Beloning Goede Doelen Nederland”, scale 9.
For more information please go to www.maxfoundation.nl or contact Inge Klaassen, M. +31 657430369. You can sent your application (motivation letter and CV) no later than 16th of August, to email@example.com.