Startups have the potential to transform society, bringing about many important solutions and innovations to address the world’s most pressing needs. VC4A connects entrepreneurs and founders to the knowledge, opportunities and resources they need to succeed. VC4A focuses on emerging markets in Africa and Latin America and works with more than 16,000 startups. We are looking for a driven, creative and dedicated consultant to join our team
About the job
VC4A has a fast-paced work environment and we seek talented team members who crave learning new skills and aren’t afraid to tackle big projects. As a Consultant, you will get to work with a variety of our staff while working on significant projects critical to our success.
Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and can’t leave without making a plan. Someone who is obsessed with the world of entrepreneurship development and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with the VC4A team, key stakeholders, and international network. Connecting to members and partners in 179 countries, the core of the business is building global partnerships and strong durable relationships.
At VC4A we are always looking for ways to improve the support made available to startups. The projects are focused on building stronger startup ecosystems where access to incubation, acceleration, and mentorship support remains key. Also where startups seek to connect with partners for capital and investment. As a consultant, you help design, manage and implement key VC4A programs at the forefront of the world’s most exciting and dynamic startup ecosystems.
See the VC4A Consultancy website for more information. The position combines remote and in-office work as well as international travel. The start date is 1 May 2021. To apply please submit your CV and motivation letter.
- Manage key programs and projects on behalf of VC4A, taking an active role in their implementation and to guide their successful delivery;
- Develop expertise in all aspects of startup entrepreneurship, and proactively seek out ways to fully leverage VC4A’s capabilities;
- Own planning and budgeting on a project basis, reporting on performance of key initiatives to donors and other partners or clients as needed;
- Work with team members to ensure that clients, both internal and external, are being serviced and managed successfully;
- Cultivate client relationships with key decision makers and project stakeholders, serve as escalation point on all client issues, and represent the organization externally;
- Write reports and proposals as needed. Manage budgets and to reporting on spending. Advise senior management on the implementation strategy.
- Superior leadership skills and previous program/project management experience;
- Superior verbal and written communication abilities, including strong presentation or training skills;
- Strong planning, time management, and organizational skills;
- Experience managing teams, human resources, and team development;
- Proven experience developing customer relationships and fostering growth;
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages, particularly Excel;
- Preferably holds an advanced degree (MA/MSc) ;
- 5-7 Years’ experience in an operations role or relevant work history;
- High attention to detail;
- Spanish or French language proficiency is an advantage.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic;
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and perform a wide variety of tasks;
- Thorough and detail-oriented;
- Passion, enthusiasm, integrity, and self-motivation;
- An interest for entrepreneurs starting companies and investors supporting them;
- A sincere interest to promote entrepreneurship development worldwide.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join a fast-moving organization? Then we’d love to hear about you!