What does Max Foundation do?
Max Foundation is an ambitious and fast-growing Dutch based non-profit organization (€4M annual programs, 3.0M beneficiaries, 58 FTE) founded by Steven and Joke Le Poole to have something positive come from the death of their son Max. Max Foundation believes that no child should die from easily preventable diseases and aims to provide a healthy start for as many children as possible in the most effective and sustainable way. We have programs in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, and Nepal.
To maximise the impact of our funds, we focus on (social) returns and efficiency with a business approach: the maximum value for money spent. When it comes to determining how we work and what we do, we ask ourselves: what is the most efficient and effective way? MF seeks to increase impact directly and inspire other parties in the field to apply our learnings.
The organisation is growing fast, last year we doubled our income and team as we started operating in Ethiopia in 2020. Over the years we developed our unique integrated Healthy Village approach in which we combine the thematic areas of WASH, nutrition and health. We strongly believe in partnerships, as a lever of our work and ideas. We also set-up a social water enterprise in Bangladesh that provides easy, safe and affordable water through piped water grids at home. To date our impact has been to connect 1,500 households to our water grids.
It is an exciting time to join Max Foundation, while the organisation is preparing to take ambitious steps forward. To successfully implement its Healthy Village approach, improve country leadership and develop new programmes and business ideas, Max Foundation is currently expanding the team and looking for a Portfolio Manager.
Place within the organization
The Portfolio Manager reports directly to the Director Programme and Operations (COO) and works jointly in a team with another Portfolio Manager, Data Specialist and Program Finance Officer. In addition, the Portfolio Managers work closely together with the country offices and the consortia in which Max Foundation is active.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for the development and realisation of the programme portfolio of Max Foundation. Together with the COO, he/she is responsible for further strengthening and developing the Ethiopia and Bangladesh offices (and other countries offices to come). He/she also tests and evolves innovations for future programs and seeks alliances and partnerships to create impact.
1) Programme development and realisation
• In collaboration with the country offices coordinate and control the progress of programmes (finance, quality, time, challenges).
• Monitoring, reporting and evaluating programmes to enhance their quality, effectiveness and impact.
• Being on top of relevant developments in the sector and being able to translate them to opportunities.
• Building organisational expertise on one of the following topics: entrepreneurship or nutrition, advocacy. Being able to develop, roll-out and evaluate strategy on this thematic area.
2) Business development and external relations
• Networking and managing accounts and relations to realise the organisation’s ambitions.
• Identifying potential new partnerships and being able to link these to opportunities to realise new ideas.
• Actively maintains, expands and generates leads by pro-actively drawing attention to Max Foundation’s work.
• Working at a global level (and supporting country offices) to advocate for more inclusive Climate-WASH-Nutrition policies.
• Actively supporting the partnership development department in its fundraising activities and account management.
• Collaboratively developing materials for the strategic positioning of Max Foundation amongst relevant stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate combines:
Education and experience
Academic degree with a minimum of 5 year experience in similar positions.
• Affinity with international development cooperation and international programmes;
• Ability to collaborate and manage by motivating, inspiring and coaching;
• Entrepreneurial; goal/result driven, pro-active, analytical, culturally sensitive and decisive;
• Strategic thinking– out of the box thinking with an eye for innovation. Translating vision to practice together with the country offices;
• Excellence in building and managing relationships;
• Experience in entrepreneurial programmes and / or advocacy.
• Excellent written and verbal skills in English. Dutch language skills are an advantage.
A great job with a dynamic, ambitious and innovative NGO based in Amsterdam (WTC). Remuneration will be according to the “Regeling Beloning Goede Doelen Nederland”. Scale 10.
Please sent you letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for application is 6 June 2022. The successful candidate needs to be eligible to work in the Netherlands. More information www.maxfoundation.nl