(35 uur hours a week)
In this role, you are responsible for developing, maintaining and monitoring effective PMEL systems for transparent accountability, effective (re)management and optimal learning of the progress and results of programmes and projects of Plan International Nederland.
As PMEL advisor you are part of the PMEL team of Plan International Nederland, consisting of two medior advisors and one senior advisor. The tasks are carried out in coordination with the senior PMEL advisor and relevant programme managers. You also work together with PMEL colleagues of member organisations of one or more consortia of which Plan International Nederland is part, including the Break Free! consortium.
What will you do?
You will develop, maintain and monitor effective and efficient PMEL systems that meet the requirements of the organization and its major donors. You will contribute to raising the PMEL quality of individual programmes and projects by advising colleagues in programme development and management. Within one or more consortium programmes, you fulfil a coordinating role in the field of PMEL, and you are the point of contact for PMEL colleagues from member organizations.
You are responsible for the development and implementation of PMEL policies of programs and projects of Plan International Nederland:
- PMEL policies cover both development and humanitarian work and take into account the requirements of various donors including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, etc.;
- You advise and support programme staff in the field of result measurement, logframes and Theory of Change development;
- You develop PMEL procedures and tools for consortia and coordinate their implementation;
- You provide support for baseline measurements and mid-term and final evaluations of programmes, the selection of external consultants for evaluation, the assessment of evaluation reports and the use of the findings of these evaluations;
- You contribute to reports to donors in IATI.
What do you have to offer?
Our ideal candidate has experience in PMEL and is open to learn more in a fast-paced internationally oriented environment. S/he is a flexible team player who communicates tactfully with colleagues from various cultures and organizations, both verbally and in written communication. Field experience in managing programs, conducting research and managing project management systems is very welcome.
In addition, you meet the following criteria. You have:
- A university degree, with additional knowledge in the field of PMEL;
- A minimum of 2-5 years of work experience, of which at least 3 years’ experience with PMEL, among others in the fields of lobby and advocacy, Theory of Change and outcome harvesting;
- Experience in working in partnerships (consortia);
- Experience in facilitating workshops;
- Excellent communication skills, you must be able to present and give briefings to external parties;
- Perfect command of English in word and writing and preferably in French as well. Dutch is an advantage;
- Affinity with Plan themes, including gender equality;
- Up-to-date knowledge of the development and humanitarian fields (national and international developments).
For this vacancy, the following competencies are essential: quality oriented, strong analytical skills, excellent teamwork skills, network skills, and gender sensitivity.
Please note that you can only apply for this vacancy if you have a valid work permit for the Netherlands.
A position in an international work environment. Plan International offers its employees a solid benefits package, which includes, among other things:
- Gross monthly salary between € 2,965.00 and € 3,700.00 for 35 hours per week, depending on your background and experience.
- Full reimbursement of your travel expenses based on second class public transport.
- Ample opportunities for personal growth and education.
- 5 weeks vacation per year.
- Good pension scheme.
Due to the corona measures, Plan employees are currently mostly working from home. Of course, we hope to be able to work at our office in the heart of Amsterdam again in the near future.
Are you interested?
You can respond up to and including 1 August 2021 with your CV and motivation via https://cvselectie.net/pmel-advisor. If the link does not work, you can copy it and paste it into your browser (Chrome). The first round of interviews will take place in the week of 2 August. An assignment is part of the application procedure.
For questions on this position, please contact Ellen Ritter (Senior HR Advisor) via email@example.com. We do not accept applications via e-mail.
Plan International is an organisation that upholds the importance of diversity, and where everyone feels welcome and appreciated. We like to use the power of diversity to achieve the best results. That is why we encourage everyone to apply, regardless of cultural background, gender, age, religion, or sexual orientation.
The safety of children and young adults is essential to Plan International Nederland. Therefore, Plan does not tolerate any form of abuse. This topic is addressed in the selection process.