Name of host institution: Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC)
Background Information about Host Institution
Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC) is a complex health services provider and a medical practical institution, non-governmental and non-political organization, established in 2014. KMC is the premium healthcare service provider equipped with the best state of the art medical facilities in Kabul. This is a centre-of-excellence exclusively dedicated to multiple-specialty care. The hospital focuses on delivering Quality and Affordable healthcare while maintaining the core values of Clinical Excellence, Patient Centricity and Ethical Practices. The hospital is driven by our team of dedicated medical professionals and staff, whose clinical proficiency is wholly focused on creating a Centre of Excellence using modern advancements in medicine and medical technology.
We pride ourselves on hosting a staff of exceptionally trained and, in many cases, internationally experienced specialists. Our staff utilize the latest medical technologies to ensure that provide a high standard quality services and patients to receive the best possible care.
Organizational unit/Department: Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC)
Duration of assignment: 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
Tele-radiology is the transmission of radiological patient images reading, such as x-rays, CTs, and MRIs, for the purposes of sharing studies with other radiologists and physicians. Tele-radiology improves our patient care by allowing radiologists to provide best of services.
The overall objective of the assignment is clinical assistance to improve quality of services in the tertiary and specialty hospitals and enabling the clinical staff to provide quality and up to date healthcare services. Tele-radiology support shall ensure that the Radiologists perform such professional radiology interpretations in accordance with the correct standards
Outcome: Remote radiology interpretation Support will help us for better diagnosis.
Helping KMC by tele-radiology image reading to better diagnostic services and provide best use of radiology services. The overall goal for this program is to improve growth of health status in order to reduce the level of mortality and morbidity rate in Afghanistan and also to avoid Afghan patients going to India and Pakistan for cardiac surgeries. KMC radiologist will receive advanced training on Tele-radiology support and will be able to work professionally in Khair Khwa Medical Complex.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Skill development and upgrading equipment for the radiology image reading were emphasized as early priorities in Khair Khwa Medical Complex.
- Training of radiology staff and supporting online image reading.
- Internationally recognized Medical Ethics policies well implemented
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Actively shares relevant information
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Learns about developments in updated technology
- Proper training to operate the specific equipment in Operation
- Experience and Skills in effective teaching skills is advantage
- Have good report writing and computer skills.
- Excellent team management and communication skills.
- Proficiency with a computer and healthcare applications
- Excellent presentation skills
Education and Experience
5 to 10 years of practical experience and a degree in the field of radiology.