KIT’s Health Systems Strengthening team works to improve the cohesion and performance of health systems as a means to provide all people with equitable access to quality health services. Our work focuses on the health systems of low-and middle-income countries as well as states experiencing fragility, conflict and violence.
Our team facilitates the complex, multi-stakeholder processes of health system re-design. Understanding and incorporating the voices of the people and communities that rely on health systems is central to our approach.
As our portfolio is steadily expanding, we seek to recruit a
Advisor in Health Systems Strengthening
for an average of 32-40 hours/week. The work takes place in Amsterdam but requires substantial travelling to low- and middle-income countries. Our organisation’s working language is English.
As an advisor at KIT you will:
- Work with colleagues on the development and implementation of advisory, evaluation and (operational) research projects related to HSS in low- and middle-income countries,
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of HSS projects coordinated by KIT,
- Contribute to capacity building and educational activities, including teaching in our master programmes and tailormade training,
- Lead in acquisition to further develop KIT’s portfolio in the area of HSS,
- Contribute to KIT Health strategy and organization, e.g. through maintaining and expanding client relations, networking activities and knowledge management activities.
- At least a master’s degree in a relevant field, such as global health, social sciences or medicine.
- Five to ten years of relevant experience in HSS and public health. Demonstrated experience of working in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) and/or with international organizations.
- Capacity building, M&E and research skills. Demonstrated experience in quantitative research.
- Good understanding of health systems in LMIC.
- Excellent entrepreneurial, organization, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong and demonstrated creative and analytical writing skills.
- Willingness and stamina to travel abroad to settings that are related to our work.
- Positive and result-oriented attitude, ability to work under time pressure, ability to work with different disciplinary teams, passion and commitment, open personality and eager to learn and share learning.
- Facilitation and training skills are an advantage.
- Fluency (spoken and written) in English (the working language at KIT). Fluency in French, Portuguese, Arabic or Russian would be a plus.
The ability to experience professional and personal growth within an exciting, dynamic and multi-disciplinary working environment with 30+ passionate colleagues. A starting salary based on qualifications and experience of between3.266 and €4.762 gross per month for a 40 hour working week, with good options for professional development. In addition, there is an 8% holiday allowance and admission to the KIT pension fund (ABP). Initial one-year contract, with the possibility of extension after demonstrated good performance.
If you are interested in this position and would like additional information please contact Barend Gerretsenb.firstname.lastname@example.org. General information about KIT and KIT Health can be found at: www.kit.nland www.kit.nl/health
Written applications specifying abilities and interest in this position including a curriculum vitae with references should be submitted before the 26th of February 2021.