Our ideal market developer is excellent at leading/supporting proposal development processes, a quick and solution-oriented thinker who feels comfortable in different cultural surroundings and not afraid of meeting tight deadlines. We look for a colleague who is tenacious, enjoys the challenges of pioneering and above all has a good understanding of marketing, quality and service.
- Coordinate and support the acquisition processes in the organisation, which includes reviewing and improving draft proposals, and safeguarding quality standards;
- Providing guidance to enhance the professional image and positioning of the regional teams of business advisors, and to strengthen donor relations;
- Develop, coordinate and monitor activities related to acquisition and large competitive grant processes, including participating in consortia, coordinating tenders and identifying consortium partners;
- Develop, coordinate and maintain Agriterra’s institutional strategic partnerships in collaboration with management and present to institutional funders and relevant stakeholders;
- Provide internal training and advice on proposal strategies, proposal narrative structures, logical frameworks and result chains.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 3 years of experience in grant acquisition, and a proven track record of successfully leading/supporting proposal development processes;
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in business management, business administration, international languages or similar studies;
- Programme design or business development experience in multilateral or international organisations, NGOs or international development sections of major engineering/consulting firms – preferably in the agricultural & food sector;
- Significant experience of government donor relations and fundraising;
- Extensive experience in and knowledge of one or more fields in which Agriterra achieves results, such as farmer cooperatives, business development, market chain development and agricultural service provision;
- Relevant practical knowledge of and experience in a developing country, preferably in the agricultural business and/or cooperative sector;
- Excellent level of proficiency in Dutch and English. French and Spanish would definitely be an asset;
- Enthusiastic personality, strong analytical skills, focused on results and service;
- Familiarity with self-organising teams and team dynamics.
What we have to offer
A position that requires you to be highly self-reliant and use your pioneering skills in order to operate in dynamic international markets and in close cooperation with the agricultural business sector. At Agriterra, the work environment is collegial and ambitious, and the focus is on achieving impact. As a market developer you will be part of the program support team, including a direct market development colleague. The working conditions and additional benefits are good. The salary offered will depend on your experience.
Are you interested?
Are you interested in this position and do you fit the profile? Apply with a cover letter and curriculum vitae, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, to the attention of R. Hahné, manager operations, and C.C. van Rij, manager agri-advice, with reference code AG0720.
If you require further information, you can also contact them by sending an e-mail.
We are Agriterra, a Dutch agri-agency that provides business development services to ambitious cooperatives and farmer organisations in developing and emerging economies. We assist them with advice and training by locally based business advisors and by deploying practitioners from the Dutch and international farmer organisations and (cooperative) companies; the so-called AgriPool experts. We apply a three-track approach: we make cooperatives bankable and create real farmer-led companies, we improve extension services to farmer members and we enhance farmer-government dialogues. Our advisory practice covers the full range of services on Management & Organisation, Financial Management, Governance, Business Development and Lobby & Advocacy.
Agriterra works from local offices in a large number of countries. We work with self-steering teams, so our employees are challenged to use every bit of determination, creativity and strategy to achieve our compelling goals. Being a self-steering organisation makes Agriterra an inspiring and challenging environment for professional growth and development.
Agriterra has an annual turnover of approximately 15 million euros, is ISO certified and has over 170 employees, both in the Netherlands and abroad. For more information, visit our website www.agriterra.org