Are you a people manager looking for meaningful and challenging work in an international context and in an academic environment? Are you passionate and knowledgeable in the field of Education for Professionals? Then joining our team as manager Education for Professionals may be a perfect match.
Our 60 researchers at Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation, in close collaboration with our support staff, work with partners worldwide on inclusive, resilient and sustainable food systems transformation. We do this through knowledge creation, knowledge application in our projects and multi-annual programmes and through Education for Professionals. We aim at interconnectivity of these 3 delivery areas at all levels of our organisation.
The education for professionals modalities and ambitions of Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation (WCDI), accelerated by the COVID-19 realities, made a drastic shift in its approach and delivery over the past 1.5 years. We succeeded to become a frontrunner in adopting opportunities in online, blended and hybrid learning for professionals in low and middle income countries (LMIC). In addition, over the past year we developed strategic pathways for the expansion of our institutional capacity development portfolio. These pathways are ready for further testing, implementation and business development, aligned with our knowledge application and knowledge creation ambitions.
As manager Education for Professionals, we expect you to lead the change process for the development and implementation of this ambition. You lead our Education for Professionals portfolio in close collaboration with the learning team, and the Lifelong Learning leads within WCDI. For this portfolio you will be responsible for the external relations with our main donors and clients. Within Wageningen University & Research (WUR) you work closely with Education and Student Affairs (including Wageningen Academy), particularly on marketing and profiling to contribute to WUR’s overall Education for Professionals strategic ambitions.
As member of the three-headed Management Team of WCDI you will be line manager and sparring partner for approximately 20 scientific staff members. In addition you are responsible for the support team of our Education for Professionals portfolio (14 FTE) led by a senior team leader.
Your main responsibilities are :
- member of the Management Team (MT); in which you are jointly responsible for strategy and policy development, business development, research innovation and profiling and participation in societal debates, together with the manager Business Development and the Business Unit Manager;
- guiding the development and marketing of a market relevant and responsive Education for Professionals portfolio in collaboration with Education and Student Affairs of WUR (including Wageningen Academy) and other relevant WUR units;
- active participation in relevant Education for Professionals & institution networks and markets;
- as a member of the MT you are responsible to actively propagate our core values and policy in attitude and behaviour;
- as line manager; you guide and coach employees conducting results interviews and stimulating personal development;
- close interaction with the team leader of the Course & Project Portfolio Support team for joint planning;
- planning and management of capacity and maintaining the quality of our products.
We ask :
For the right addition, management and complementarity we’re looking for:
- an inspiring, creative and entrepreneurial leader with an eye for people, quality, results and development; 8 years’ experience leading a team of highly skilled professionals is required;
- proven experience as change process manager, guiding and steering significant change processes;
- experience with effective and efficient business operations in a research environment;
- experience with leading sub-teams and the monitoring of operational processes;
- minimum of a relevant MSc/MA degree;
- significant experience in the domain of Education for Professionals in an international context;
- leadership on lifelong learning for professionals;
- experience with delivering blended education, including sufficient understanding of learning technologies;
- the quality to inspire organisational learning and the quality to engage teams effectively;
- your Dutch and English proficiency is excellent (a minimum of CEFR C1 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page. A proficiency of spoken and written French is an asset.
We offer :
When it comes to terms of employment, Wageningen University & Research is the right place for you. Highlights from our collective labour agreement are, for example:
- working hours that can be determined in consultation, so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- the possibility to build up extra holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours a week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave and paid parental leave;
- there is a lot of attention for vitality and you can use the sports facilities on campus for a small fee;
- a structural year-end bonus of 4%;
- excellent pension scheme through ABP.
The office is in Wageningen. In future, hybrid work will be part of the working method. This requires a different leadership style. The people manager must therefore be able to deal with the current and future challenges of remote working.
These excellent fringe benefits naturally also include a suitable salary. Depending on your experience, we offer a competitive salary of at least €4.465,- to a maximum of €6.710,- for a full working week of 36 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Wageningen Research (scale 13). In addition, an appointment of 0.8 FTE is negotiable.
Our offices, in Wageningen, are easily accessible by car and public transport.
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a multi-faceted position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen University & Research is the university and research center for life sciences. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may qualify for a special tax benefits, known as the 30% ruling. Our team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
Feeling welcome also has everything to do with being well informed. Wageningen University & Research’s International Community page contains (practical) information about what we can do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. Furthermore, we can assist you with any additional advice and information about helping your partner to find a job, housing, schooling and other issues.
Do you want more information?
For more information about this function, please contact Hedwig Bruggeman, Business Unit Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the procedure, please contact Sandra Willemsen, Corporate recruiter or Bianca Aversteeg, Recruitment support via email@example.com.
Do you want to apply?
This can be done directly via the application button at the vacancy on our website so that we can process your personal data with your permission.
This vacancy is open up to and including the 1st November 2021. We want to plan the first job interviews at 15-16 November 2021.
An assessment will be part of the selection procedure.
Wageningen University & Research (WUR) employs a large number of people with very different backgrounds and qualities, who inspire and motivate each other. We want every talent to feel at home in our organisation and be offered the same career opportunities. We therefore especially welcome applications from people who are underrepresented at WUR. For more information please go to our inclusivity page. A good example of how WUR deals with inclusiveness can be read on the page working at WUR with a functional impairment.
Wageningen University & Research
The mission of Wageningen University and Research is “To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Under the banner Wageningen University & Research, Wageningen University and the specialised research institutes of the Wageningen Research Foundation have joined forces in contributing to finding solutions to important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With its roughly 30 branches, 6.800 employees and 12.900 students, Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading organisations in its domain. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of Wageningen’s unique approach. WUR has been named Best Employer in the Education category for 2019-2020.
We will recruit for the vacancy ourselves, so no employment agencies please. However, sharing in your network is appreciated.