MSF is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. We are a non-profit, self-governed, member-based organisation. MSF was founded in 1971 in Paris by a group of journalists and doctors. Today, we are a worldwide movement of more than 67,000 people.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. The ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (OCA) is a partnership that is composed of the partners MSF-Canada, MSF-Germany, MSF-SARA, MSF-Sweden, MSF-Holland and MSF-United Kingdom. MSF-OCA operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries with more than 11,000 staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 400 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations. Around 50 staff focus on recruitment, communication and fundraising in The Netherlands (MSF-Holland) and 350 staff are focused on supporting MSF-OCA operations.
At Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Artsen zonder Grenzen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
As of 15 April, we are looking for a:
Learning & Development (L&D) Advisor Field (100%)
Primary location: Amsterdam office
Flexible location possible, based in a country with OCA or MSF office presence
Position within the organisation
The L&D Advisor Field will report to the Head of L&D Department and working closely with the other L&D Advisors, L&D Specialists, L&D Officers, HR Advisors (HRAs), HR Coordinators (HRCos) and L&D Managers and Implementers in the field. You will advise and support your HR colleagues on developing and implementing the L&D strategy, processes, tools and activities in their respective missions based on the mission specific needs.
Objectives of the position
As a L&D Advisor Field you will develop and/or adapt L&D processes and tools for the Field to support the implementation of the HR/L&D mission strategies.
You will advise on- and support new initiatives – that are going to be piloted- and rolled out in the field – related to new staffing model, e.g. people management development, Diversity Equity and Inclusion.
In this role you will play a pivotal role towards relevant stakeholders within MSF: HRAs, HRCos, L&D Managers, referents of the technical departments.
You help to create a common understanding about how L&D can contribute to MSFs social mission, and contributes to increasing the quality of operations in the field by having more autonomous, performing, and motivated staff in place.
Does your heart beat going faster from continuously learning, are you the person who is eager to advise the HR team on developing and implementing the L&D strategy and can you find yourself in the job description below? Then we would like to see your CV and cover letter!
Develops- and maintains a Community of Practice for all L&D roles in the field, allowing for an exchange of best practices, lessons learned and peer-learning
You will train and mentor the HRCos and/or L&D Managers in their L&D role
Upon request, delivers L&D courses in the field, such as the ToT, FMC, LIFT, and the SANOU) and/or trains people to deliver these courses.
Develop tools and guidelines to support the development and implementation of the L&D component at field level.
Supports the roll-out of the new Performance Management Framework in the field.
You are owner of assigned L&D modules and courses; improves the content on a regular basis in close collaboration with the Learning Solutions Specialist to ensure the maximum impact of learning.
Support the development of transversal topic training sessions with different department/teams (Responsible Behaviour, EDI, HQ L&D Advisors, etc…)
Collaborate closely with the Pool Manager to validate new LDM profiles into the pool.
Pro-actively contributes to the dissemination of L&D’s activities throughout the organisation: successes, lessons learned, best practices, etc.
Collaborates closely with colleagues in similar positions in the other OCs, to maximize efficiency and effectivity of resources.
Works in collaboration with the other L&D Field Advisor including being the back-up when the person is not in the office.
- You are a senior L&D professional with significant experience in the field within MSF, International Organizations, or International NGOs. Medical Humanitarian professional experience a distinctive plus. You have a track record of advising on- and implementing new policies and procedures, and have a thorough understanding of organisational issues and (team) dynamics in projects/coordination.
- You have the capacity to both develop a strategic vision and align implementation of L&D standards as well as a demonstrable ability to cooperate and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience as a trainer in the field of people management
- Your communication skills are excellent, oral as well as written in English. French is a plus.
- You are willing to travel to the field up to 40% of your time, though we acknowledge that due to COVID-19 travel will be limited for the near future.
- A challenging position within a stimulating, professional working environment in a major international organisation. A challenging experience within a NGO.
- A competitive monthly salary according to local scaling.
- In case your location is Amsterdam we offer you a Dutch employment contract from 15 April 2021, based on 40 hours per week. A gross monthly salary in scale 6 between between € 2.875,- and € 4.106,- depending on professional experience, based on a 40-hour working week.
- In case your location is other than Amsterdam, but based in a country with OCA or MSF office presence we offer you a local employment contract from 15 April 2021, based on 40 hours per week.
- The contract is for one year (subject to satisfactory performance) based on a fulltime appointment.
- Attractive secondary benefits (e.g. premium free pension, 30 holidays).
If you recognize yourself in this profile and meet the requirements, we welcome you to apply directly via the Apply button on his page and upload a letter of motivation + Curriculum Vitae (in English) as one combined document (only applications with motivation will be included in the process).
The closing date for applications is 25 April 2021. The interviews takes place in the week of 3 May 2021.
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information about the recruitment procedure, please contact: Daphne Gorgels (Recruitment Consultant)
Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document via the Apply button.
***Acquisition is not appreciated***