Internship Responsibilities & Activities
First function of this role will be to support the development and promotion of the Climate Justice site on CARE Shares. Key responsibilities will include:
Background Learning & Training
- Introduction to Climate Justice Team and Topic Area at CARE
- Training on how to use the CARE Shares platform (SharePoint Online)
- Familiarisation with CARE Shares project orientation package, instructions, and guidelines.
Stakeholder management and coordination
- Work closely with the Climate Justice team and technical colleagues to support planning/updating/maintaining site structures and priority content
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to ensure their work is accurately captured and shared in CARE Shares, including Climate Justice Team, Country Offices, other related outcome area teams, etc.
- Liaise with CARE Shares Management Team for support and adherence to global standards.
Site development & design
- Support the creation of the Climate Justice Site according to agreed site architecture (including tagging)
- Ensure that the sites are user-friendly and engaging (including images and clear web copy)
- Work with CARE Shares Management Team to identify and troubleshoot any user experience issues.
Content curation and creation
- Support populating site and uploading and tagging priority documents to the library
- Support identifying engaging content from other CARE platforms for migration (CARE member websites, CARE Insights, CARE Climate Change Website, CARE wikis etc.)
- Support development of knowledge products for sharing on CARE Shares.
Communications & Engagement
- Support leveraging internal communication channels to promote the new sites
- Support providing guidance on how to use CARE Shares and recommendations for ongoing site maintenance, including a short training webinar to the Climate Justice core team.
Knowledge Management and Learning (20 % of time)
Knowledge identification and organisation
- Conduct a review of climate justice capacities in the Climate Champions Network and share it on CARE shares
- Organise consultant database on CARE Teams sites
- Identification of available CARE Climate Change Resilience programming evaluations and collection of those missing (have current list of projects, search for them on CARE Evaluation library.
- Identify key platforms to upload CARE’s climate justice content
- Map possible global network partners on climate justice
Coordinating Climate Justice Communities of Practice (10 % of time)
Stakeholder management and coordination
- Work closely with the Climate Justice team and technical colleagues to establish agenda, organise and promote bi-monthly session for the Climate Champions network of experts.
- Communicate agenda prior to meeting and take minutes to circulate after the CCN meetings
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to ensure a learning series schedule is established for the ‘Bend not break’ webinar series
- Ensure presenters know how to deliver their session, support them in doing so and ensure smooth running of webinar.
Education & Qualifications: Bachelor or Master student
- Fluent or native level English
- Excellent writing skills
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Passionate about climate change and climate justice
- Comfortable with, and able to quickly learn, new technologies
- Proficiency with Office 365 – prior knowledge of SharePoint is desirable but training will be provided
- Ability to work with a diverse range of technical colleagues and to work independently with limited supervision.
- Able to gather user requirements and translate into achievable solutions
- Currently enrolled at a University
- Good understanding of main climate change issues
- Experience with knowledge management or content management system
Duration and Location: Approximately December 1st 2021 start for 6 months, three or five days a week. The intern can be based in the CARE NL office in The Hague and/or may be based overseas and work from home.
Payment: Payment will be 300 Euro per month full-time
Deadline for Application
Please express your interest by sending an email to Hayley Capp (email@example.com) subject: Intern KML, accompanied by CV and motivation letter by Sunday 24th October, 2021. Interviews will be held in the week of Nov 1st till Nov 12th. The selected candidate will engage in an internship contract with CARE Nederland in which the guidance by both CARE as well as the University will be detailed.