CARE is looking for a Communications and Content Intern with the Climate Change and Resilience team
About the Climate Change and Resilience Platform
The Climate Change and Resilience Platform (CCRP) is a global platform across CARE International that unites CARE’s work on climate change, and on increasing poor people’s resilience to climate change, natural hazards, and environmental degradation.
From 2021, CARE International is embarking on an ambitious Climate Justice initiative that is one of the key pillars for the entire CARE confederation. We will focus on the poorest and most marginalized, in particular women and girls, to support them improve their wellbeing and enjoy their human rights in the face of rising global temperatures.
The Climate Change and Resilience Platform team aims to support and strengthen the ability of CARE members and partners to increase resilience and tackle the causes and consequences of climate change. This is done by strengthening the capacities of the most vulnerable communities, calling for inclusive, just and gender-transformative climate policies and actions and by growing CARE’s impact, influence and income to better serve the needs of these communities.
CARE Nederland (CNL) hosts the CARE Climate Change and Resilience Platform. CARE Netherlands is part of is part of CARE, an international organization that fights global poverty and provides life-saving assistance in emergencies. Throughout its work, CARE Nederland focuses is on fragile contexts and specifically on marginalized women and girls.
Communications and content management is a key part of CCRP’s activities and critical to the success of both our advocacy and programmatic work. We have identified a need in the CCRP team for some support in this area. Full responsibilities are detailed below.
The internship tasks / responsibilities
- The main objective of the internship assignment is to update the CARE Climate Change website with the most recent global program activity related to climate change and resilience. This will require:
- Communicating directly with global offices featured on the CARE Climate Change website and identifying local program activity related to climate change and resilience.
- Writing engaging copy for each country page highlighting the different strands of work taking place across the CARE confederation and uploading any relevant supporting materials.
- Content producing website country pages in a user-friendly, engaging way.
- Other ongoing tasks will include:
- Taking minutes at CCRP team meetings
- Other administrative support relating to content management
- Other ad hoc support / tasks could include:
- Digital content creation for social media campaigns relating to Climate Justice
- Writing and/or content producing online stories that amplify different CARE programs related to climate change and resilience
- Supporting maintenance of the CARE Climate Change Twitter channel
- Quarterly internal newsletter support
Communication and reporting
The intern will work under the supervision of the CCRP Communications Lead in the Netherlands, overseen by the Global Leader of the CCRP, and will communicate and work with CARE country office staff where relevant.
- Bachelor or Master student
- Fluent-level English
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience using a CMS
- Strong digital engagement and production skills
- Good eye for detail and design
- Collaborative, proactive, creative
- Passionate about climate change and climate justice, with some understanding of the main issues
- Must formally be guided by the University that she/he is enrolled at
Duration and location
Duration: Approximately January 15th, 2022. Duration 6 months, three days a week.
Location: The intern will be based in the CARE NL office in The Hague and may work from home as well.
Payment: Payment will be 300 Euro per month full-time
Inge Vianen, Global Leader CCRP / Juliet Perry, Communications Lead, CCRP
Deadline for application
Please express your interest by sending an email to Juliet Perry (firstname.lastname@example.org) subject: Intern Communications, accompanied by CV, motivation letter and a 3 piece portfolio (three pieces of public facing content in English e.g. blog, article, video, social media post) before Nov 15th, 2021. Interviews will be held at the end of November. The selected candidate will engage in an internship contract with CARE Nederland in which the guidance by both CARE as well as the University will be detailed.