We are looking for an organised, flexible, and personable individual with strong project management and budget management skills. The candidate will also display excellent communication and writing skills. They will be culturally literate and must be equally comfortable working with numbers as with the spoken and written word. The candidate will lead a team of professionals dedicated to developing and implementing the strategic vision of the international network. We offer a unique opportunity to work in a rewarding and challenging environment with a strong focus on leadership, strategy, and community building.
MdM is an international network comprised of 17 autonomous national organisations (“chapters”). The main goal of the MdM international governance is to enable a strong international presence, increasing our impact on global issues through local and international operations and evidence-based advoccy. The distribution of responsibilities should be stable and systematic, generating collaboration and safeguarding the collective ownership of a continuously learning and evolving process. Leaders throughout the network should contribute to a culture of respect, openness and mutual support on both joint and collective programmes and strategies.
- Facilitate and support the development of a strategic plan for the Network
- Lead the preparation of annual workplans in line with the strategic plan
- Regularly evaluate progress against strategy and workplans
- Ensure compliance with guidelines and objectives
- Prepare meetings of Presidents and Executive Directors (ED), including agendas, facilitation, logistics, coordination of calls, and meeting minutes
- Ensures knowledge management
- Improve procedures and guidelines to enhance the smooth running of the Network
Project and team management (40%)
- Plan, supervise, and empower network staff
- Develop and implement a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEAL) process.
- Support and empower chapter participation in the achievement of the three strategic objectives: to provide more effective action, exert a global voice and reinforce our organisational stability
- Support chapters in their development and adaptation to the International Network
- Support community-based initiatives
- Represent MdM International Network at international high-level fora, with external partners and donors
Financial & Logistic management (10%)
- Oversee the appropriate mobilisation, use and management of financial and logistic resources of the Network
- Supervise budget expenditure and approve all financial transactions in collaboration with the Financial Coordinator and Network Assistant
- Prepare the annual budget in accordance with annual workplans
- Prepare final financial reports
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- A master’s degree and at least five years of experience in project management and programme support, or equivalent experience.
- At least five years of experience in programme or operations management for an NGO
- At least three years of experience in international networks and/or platforms
- Experience of working collaboratively and effectively with a wide variety of people both internally and externally, at all levels
- Native/bilingual proficiency in English required
- Full working proficiency in French and Spanish highly desired, with full working proficiency a minimum requirement.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience in providing strategic planning and/or management advice
- Experience in designing and implementing MEAL frameworks
- Advanced leadership and management skills
- Experience of representation at international levels
- Ability to summarise and convey messages in an accessible language
- Dynamic, responsive, creative, and able to adapt to new situations
- Exhibit leadership, responsibility, and autonomy
- Versatile and organised
- Manage priorities and emergencies
- Work in a team environment
- Assertive in communication and conflict management skills
- Have a good sense of humour
- Highly motivated and adaptable self-starter with the ability to work effectively within a complex NGO and remote team environment;
- Ability to travel up to 15%–20% of the year
What’s in it for you?
- You will be working for an organisation where the mission is inspiring, and your colleagues care deeply about it and the network of people carrying out that mission.
- You will be playing a key role in helping to drive growth, influence impact, and advance efforts to create a more sustainable healthcare sector and community.
- You will be part of an inspirational global network and play a key role in building a cohesive network with growing impact and influence in the sector.
- Full time contract
- 12 months (starting date: 7 March 2022)
- Possible location: Greece (Athens); Netherlands (Amsterdam), Spain (Madrid), Switzerland (Geneva); Portugal (Lisbon), United Kingdom (London), France (Paris), Germany (Munich); Belgium (Brussels)
- Competitive salary
HOW TO APPLY :
Send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline of this vacancy is 6 February 2022. Jasper Kuipers, Director of Medecins du Monde Netherlands, is available for questions via +31 (0)20 765 3835.