International Campaign for Tibet – Executive Director Europe
International Campaign for Tibet Europe was founded in 1999 and is a registered NGO in the Netherlands. It is the European office of the International Campaign for Tibet (ICT) organization, headquartered in Washington, DC in the USA.
ICT is a non-profit advocacy organization that works to promote democratic freedom for all Tibetans, to ensure their human rights, and to protect the Tibetan culture and environment. ICT is a movement of more than 100.000 people worldwide. These are not only people who support the work financially, but also include those who contribute to advocacy and campaign work as well as those who are volunteers. The work of ICT integrates information gathering, campaign and advocacy, and the dissemination of information and communication. Combined, these work areas focus on the following central themes: Human rights and political prisoners, religious freedom, environment, racism, and reciprocity. ICT has offices in Washington DC, Amsterdam, Brussels, and Berlin. In the Netherlands, more than 50.000 people support our work. The office of ICT Europe is located at the Funenpark 1, 1018 AK Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
For more information about ICT Europe: www.savetibet.nl
The Board of ICT Europe has initiated a process for the identification, selection and appointment of a successor to the present Executive Director Mrs Tsering Jampa, who has successfully led ICT Europe since its establishment in 1999 and will be retiring in the fall of 2021.
Apart from a team of dedicated volunteers, the Executive Director of ICT Europe is in charge of nine staff members working in Amsterdam and Brussels: Director Advocacy, Communication and Fundraising, EU Policy Director (Brussels), Fundraising & Online Marketing Officer, Senior Operational Manager, Policy and Advocacy Officer (Brussels), Database Administration Manager, Marketing & Communication Officer, Finance Administrator.
The Executive Director reports to the Board, implements the decisions by the Board, and is responsible for the daily operations of the organization. Collaboration with the other ICT offices is determined by the Governance Agreement, the Coordination Council consisting of the Directors of all ICT offices and the International Coordination Council, made up by members of the boards of each office.
The Ideal Candidate
ICT Europe is looking for an enterprising, enthusiastic, and engaging person who, together with the other ICT offices and a number of Tibet organizations, wants to work on meaningful, impactful support of Tibet and its people.
The foremost task of the Executive Director is to ensure the continuity and financial health of the organization and holds all final responsibilities, management and many operational, including the full supervision of our Amsterdam and Brussels offices. Develop a multi-year strategic work plan, yearly work plan, as well as goals for the organization.
The Executive Director must have a good understanding of the situation in Tibet, the aspirations of the Tibetan people and a strong affinity with Human Rights in Tibet. A network and experience with Dutch politics as well as the Dutch non-profit environment would be a plus. The Executive Director must be at home in the world of donor recruitment and the advocacy/lobby environment.
The new Executive Director will develop and expand advocacy, donor outreach and communication within Europe, in close collaboration with the other ICT offices as well as with the Central Tibetan Administration in Exile. He/she will actively lobby governments, parliaments, and other organizations.
- Proven track record in directing non-profit organizations and teams
- Excellent diplomatic and social skills with experience in lobbying, advocacy, and high-level representation
- Understanding of and interest in innovative fundraising, donor, and membership strategies
- Extensive experience in relation management on a local as well as global level
- Organizational leadership: experience on senior management level, proven ability to provide inspirational leadership in developing, coaching and motivating teams
- International work experience in organizations with cross border operations and multicultural settings
- Fluency in spoken and written English and preferably Dutch, or a willingness to learn the Dutch language
- Capable of providing an authoritative contribution to the development of the present-day Tibet issues in The Netherlands and Europe
- Strategic and analytical thinker with proven ability to develop multi-year strategic plans, annual work plans, priorities, and goals for the organization
- Outstanding presentation, communication, and media skills, able to operate & collaborate at different levels inside and outside an international organization. Strong influencing, motivational, and networking skills
- Intrinsic drive to improve the work that is being delivered in every function within the organization, take initiatives, be challenging/questioning and able to bring new insights and ideas to the organization
- Willingness to travel to the US, India, and various European countries.
Information & Application
Applications and requests for further information about the Executive Director position should be sent to Mrs Christina Jansen, member of the Board at EDsearch@savetibet.nl and must be received before 30 September.