PAX means peace. Together with people in conflict areas and concerned citizens worldwide, PAX works to build dignified and peaceful societies across the globe. PAX brings together people who have the courage to stand for peace.
Humanitarian disarmament seeks to prevent and remediate arms-inflicted human suffering and environmental harm through the establishment and implementation of norms. This approach to disarmament is people-centred in substance and process. The Humanitarian Disarmament team at PAX works on norm building, strengthening and implementation including through engagement with financial sector actors.For our Humanitarian Disarmament team PAX is looking to recruit an
Intern/volunteer Nuclear Disarmament
The main activities of this program include research, public campaigns and national and international advocacy. We work with local partners, likeminded international organisations, researchers, politicians, policy makers and more. Furthermore, our Don’t Bank on the Bomb project produces the only regularly published source of information on the private companies involved in the production of nuclear weapons and their financiers. We are looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated team members.
The ideal candidate profile.
We are looking for a creative colleague with a hands-on attitude. You are well organized, can work independently and are not afraid to take initiative. You are a good communicator and eager to learn.
- Create content for the website, newsletter and social media.
- Support research for Don’t Bank on the Bomb publication
- Some administrative support
We are looking for.
- Good organizational and logistical skills and a great eye for detail
- A good writer with an affinity for social media
- Excellent Dutch and English language skills, other languages are a bonus.
- Understanding or interest in learning about social media and/or KISS communications techniques
- A unique experience working within a politically oriented, dynamic peace organization in Utrecht.
- Appointment as soon as possible for 2-3 days a week for a 3–4-month period.
- Internship remuneration up to a maximum of € 170, – per month based on fulltime working hours.
- In addition to the internship experience, there is also room for personal development. Regular (online) lunch meetings are organized for volunteers/interns, and through meetings and other activities you can further explore (international) peace work.
- Remote working situation.
For more information about our organization, visit PAX’s website
For further information on this function, please contact Susi Snyder, senior project officer humanitarian disarmament at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your concise CV and cover letter addressed to Susi Snyder before 9 March 2021 through the application button on our website.
PAX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone with skills, passion and courage to participate. We invite applicants from all backgrounds, also with special needs, to apply for this position.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.