“Enthusiastic and proactive Institutional Fundraiser/Bid Manager with the ability to identify and seize opportunities.”
SOS Children’s Villages, one of the leading children development organizations, is looking for an Institutional Fundraiser / Bid Manager to join its dynamic team in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and realize its ambitious fundraising targets.
Are you a go-getter with a track record in successfully coordinating complex bids and do you have a passion to initiate and maintain international relations? Do you thrive in fast-paced coordination roles, forming, managing and facilitating multi-stakeholder consortia? Are you enthusiastic about securing institutional funding that contributes to a better future for vulnerable children, families and communities? Then we are looking for you!
Context of this position
SOS Children’s Villages has increasingly secured subsidies from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the European Commission in our portfolio of youth employment and humanitarian projects. We now aim to also increase institutional funding in the area of Social Protection & Child Care, which includes women and girl empowerment, education, family strengthening, strengthening national social protection systems, reforming national alternative care systems, SRHR, preventing sexual abuse etc. We are aiming for multi-year, multi-country and multi-partner contracts ranging from no less than 500K to several million euros.
What are you going to do?
As Institutional Fundraiser / Bid Manager Social Protection & Child Care, you will be part of the Programme and Institutional Fundraising team. You will work closely with the two other Institutional Fundraisers, and with the expert in your focus area. You will report to the Institutional Fundraising Coordinator.
You will be responsible for:
- Having a central role in developing a multi-year institutional funding strategy for Social Protection & Child Care projects with clear KPIs including donor mapping, identifying fundraising opportunities and developing effective donor journeys (expert profiling, partnership development, networking and lobbying with the donor, submitting high quality proposals);
- Investing in relationship management with new and current donors and partners;
- Taking on the complex challenge of bringing our projects and programs to the attention of large institutional donors. With your expertise and programmatic knowledge, you know how to use your networks to turn funding opportunities into successful applications;
- Developing high-quality funding applications in close collaboration with the donor service team – consisting of a project controller and an expert in your focus area, and ensuring timely submission to institutional donors;
- Producing quarterly progress reports;
- Working with a team of multi-stakeholders such as colleagues, stakeholders in the federation including local offices as well as external partners for the development of a promising financing application, in accordance with the donor’s guidelines;
- Keeping up with internal and external developments in the institutional fundraising market and donor intelligence, safeguarding this knowledge within the organization and advising the team.
We would be happy to hear from you if:
- You are a go-getter, you are flexible, innovative and a strong networker;
- You have at least 5 years of experience and demonstrable success in institutional fundraising and stakeholder management in the development sector;
- You have demonstrable knowledge and experience with successful applications to the European Union;
- You have experience with writing multi-year applications;
- You have excellent oral and written communication in English;
- SOS Children’s Villages NL is a Dutch office. If you are a native English speaker you either have a basic understanding of Dutch or you commit to obtain (basic) Dutch proficiency that would allow you to understand meetings and documents provided in Dutch;
- You have an HBO + / WO working and thinking level.
If you have the following desired knowledge and experience, that would be even better:
- Fundraising experience with the Dutch government, multilateral organizations and international foundations;
- Knowledge and experience in the field of Social Protection & Child Care;
- Have a relevant network (other NGOs / partners, donors, Foreign Affairs and EU);
- Speaking and understanding French and / or Spanish is an advantage.
- A good salary, depending on knowledge and work experience, ranging from approximately €3,600 to a maximum of € 4,250 – based on full-time employment (37.5 hours);
- A generous arrangement for holiday and ADV days: 35 days (full-time);
- A budget for personal development and training;
- A beautiful and easily accessible office in Amsterdam West;
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Apply to this position
Do you recognize yourself and are you enthusiastic about this role? Do not wait any longer and send your application before 18 April via our online form. If you have any questions about this position, you can contact M.H. Geels, Institutional Fundraising Coordinator, at email@example.com or +31652400451.
Safety of children and adults is essential for SOS Children’s Villages. SOS Children’s Villages does not accept any form of abuse, fraud or corruption. The topic of integrity is addressed in the selection process. The submission of a recent Certificate of Good Conduct and a reference check is part of the procedure. In the reference check, we discuss the topic of integrity.
About SOS Children’s Villages
A family for every child. SOS Children’s Villages believes that growing up in a family is the only effective place for a child’s development. Worldwide, however, 1 in 10 children is growing up alone. SOS Children’s Villages is highly committed to support these children. We support and strengthen vulnerable families so that they can continue to care for their children and prevent the family from falling apart. We give children without a family or in an unsafe home situation a new home within an (SOS) family. So that they can develop themselves as independent adults who can take responsibility for themselves and the people around them. SOS Children’s Villages is part of an international federation and is active in 136 countries and regions.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.