Institutional Fundraiser / Bid Manager – Humanitarian Aid
1 juli 2021 – SOS Kinderdorpen zoekt een Institutioneel Fondsenwerver Humanitaire Hulp (1,0 fte) – Amsterdam
Ben je een ervaren institutionele fondsenwerver noodhulp en heb jij een passie voor het initiëren en onderhouden van duurzame internationale relaties? Wordt jij enthousiast van het binnenhalen van institutionele financieringen die bijdragen aan een betere toekomst voor kwetsbare kinderen, families en gemeenschappen? Ben jij daarnaast ook professioneel, samenwerkend, bevlogen en ondernemend, en zou jij graag het mooiste goede doel wereldwijd willen vertegenwoordigen? Dan zijn wij op zoek naar jou!
Om onze ambitieuze doelstellingen te realiseren heeft SOS Kinderdorpen per direct een vacature voor een gedreven: institutioneel fondsenwerver Humanitaire Hulp.
SOS Children’s Villages, one of the leading children development organizations, is looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Institutional Fundraiser / Bid Manager Humanatarian Aid (fulltime) to join its dynamic team in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and realize its ambitious fundraising targets.
Are you a go-getter with a track record in successfully coordinating complex bids and do you have a passion to initiate and maintain international relations? Do you thrive in fast-paced coordination roles, forming, managing and facilitating multi-stakeholder consortia? Are you enthusiastic about securing institutional funding that contributes to a better future for vulnerable children, families and communities? Then we are looking for you!
Context of this position
SOS Children’s Villages The Netherlands has increasingly secured subsidies from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (via the Dutch Relief Alliance) and the European Commission for humanitarian projects. As part of the new strategy of SOS Children’s Villages we claim an expert role in the Netherlands and internationally in the field of protecting children and keeping families together during and after emergencies. Using our knowledge, expertise and strong local presence in 137 countries and with a proven track record, we want to bring these humanitarian aid projects to the attention of our donors.
What are you going to do?
As Institutional Fundraiser / Bid Manager Humanitarian Aid you will be part of the Programme and Institutional Fundraising team. You will work closely with the two other Institutional Fundraisers, and with the humanitarian expert and portfolio managers. You will report to the Institutional Fundraising Coordinator.
You will be responsible for:
- Having a central role in developing and implementing a multi-year institutional funding strategy for humanitarian aid projects with clear KPI’s including donor mapping, identifying fundraising opportunities and developing effective donor journeys (expert profiling, partnership development, networking and lobbying with the donor, submitting high quality proposals);
- Participating in relevant networks and investing in relationship management with new and current donors and partners with the aim to form qualitative partnerships;
- Taking on the complex challenge of bringing our projects and programs to the attention of large institutional donors. With your expertise and programmatic knowledge, you know how to use your networks to turn funding opportunities into successful applications;
- Developing high-quality funding applications in close collaboration with a team – consisting of a project controller and an expert in your focus area, and ensuring timely and qualitative submission to institutional donors;
- Producing quarterly progress reports;
- Working with a team of multi-stakeholders such as colleagues in the federation including local country offices and regional offices; as well as external partners for the development of a promising financing application, in accordance with the donor’s guidelines;
- Keeping up with internal and external developments in the institutional fundraising market and donor intelligence, safeguarding this knowledge within the organization and advising the team.
We would be happy to hear from you if:
- You are a go-getter, you are flexible, innovative and a strong networker;
- You have at least 5 years of experience and demonstrable success in institutional fundraising and stakeholder management in the development sector;
- You have demonstrable knowledge and experience with successful applications to institutional donors;
- You have experience with writing multi-year applications;
- You have excellent oral and written communication in English;
- SOS Children’s Villages NL is a Dutch office. If you are a native English speaker you either have a basic understanding of Dutch or you commit to obtain (basic) Dutch proficiency that would allow you to understand meetings and documents provided in Dutch;
- You have the necessary documents to work in the EU/NL.
- You have an HBO + / WO working level.
- Basic knowledge on humanitarian aid, such as understanding of the humanitarian principles, Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), Grand Bargain commitments and humanitarian aid sectors.
If you have the following desired knowledge and experience, that would be even better:
- Fundraising experience with the Dutch government (preferably with the Dutch Relief Alliance), EU (preferably ECHO) multilateral organizations and international foundations;
- Knowledge and experience in the field of Humanitarian Aid, Social protection in Emergencies, MHPSS or any other relevant emergency sector;
- Have a relevant network (other NGOs / partners, donors, Foreign Affairs and EU);
- Speaking and understanding French and / or Spanish is an advantage.
- A good salary, depending on knowledge and work experience, ranging from approximately €3,800 to a maximum of € 4,250 – based on full-time employment (37.5 hours);
- A generous arrangement for holiday and ADV days: 35 days (full-time);
- A budget for personal development and training;
- A beautiful and easily accessible office in Amsterdam West;
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- A nice and supportive team!
Apply to this position
Do you recognize yourself and are you enthusiastic about this role? Do not wait any longer and send your application before August 23rd via our online form: https://werkenbij.sos-kinderdorpen.nl/institutional-fundraiser-bid-manager-humanitarian-aid. The first interviews will take place on Wednesday 25th of August and the second interviews on Friday 27th of August. If you have any questions about this position, you can contact M.H. Geels, Institutional Fundraising Coordinator, at email@example.com or +31652400451.
Safety of children and adults is essential for SOS Children’s Villages. SOS Children’s Villages does not accept any form of abuse, fraud or corruption. The topic of integrity is addressed in the selection process. The submission of a recent Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) and a reference check is part of the procedure. In the reference check, we discuss the topic of integrity.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
About SOS Children’s Villages
A family for every child. SOS Children’s Villages believes that growing up in a family is the only effective place for a child’s development. Worldwide, however, 1 in 10 children is growing up alone. SOS Children’s Villages is highly committed to support these children. We support and strengthen vulnerable families so that they can continue to care for their children and prevent the family from falling apart. We give children without a family or in an unsafe home situation a new home within an (SOS) family. So that they can develop themselves as independent adults who can take responsibility for themselves and the people around them. SOS Children’s Villages is part of an international federation and is active in 137 countries and regions.