The Prince Claus Fund supports, connects and celebrates artists and cultural practitioners working under pressure in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean and Eastern Europe. Starting in 2021, the Fund is implementing a new strategy to take it into the future. Essential to this strategy is the integration of the Fund’s fundraising and communication teams and meeting immediate and long-term fundraising goals.
The Fundraising and Communications team focuses on:
• Fundraising for the organisation and its core programme raising a minimum of € 0.75 million per year (excluding funding from Government and Lottery).
• Aligning the communications activities to best serve the fundraising purposes of the Fund.
More practically this means that the Head of Fundraising & Communications will have an overall view and guide the team:
• To develop and implement the new fundraising strategy in harmony with the Fund’s basic values, targeting private (including major donors, legacies, fondsen op naam) and in-kind donations;
• Represent the Fund in public events and donor meetings in an energetic and persuasive way.
• To assist the Fund in preparing government and foundation tenders that can secure strategic funding as the most important source of income in the future.
• To further develop an on- and offline communications strategy and align it with the fundraising strategy, so that the right audience knows about the work of Prince Claus Fund and gets motivated to support it;
overall and together with the team:
• Monitor the latest developments in the fields of fundraising & communications both nationally and globally;
• Find, develop and maintain strategic relationships in line with the fundraising and communication strategies.
· Manage an assigned yearly budget for fundraising & communications with the specific aim of increasing overall income for the Prince Claus Fund;
In addition to being the cooperative teamleader in the current small Fundraising and Communications team of two communication professionals and one freelance press manager, the Head of Fundraising and Communications is a member of the Fund’s Management Team, reporting directly to the Director. Responsibilities on the Management Team include:
• Representing the Fundraising and Communications team and serving as a main source of information and expertise about the latest developments in fundraising and communications for the Director and Management Team and the Fund as a whole;
• Participating in the formulation and initiation of policies that are based on a deep understanding of the context in which the Fund works, (final responsibility for policy remains with the director);
• Coordinating with all other teams of the Fund to help design, communicate and facilitate activities and assure that the activities and objectives of the Fund are aligned with its fundraising and communications objectives;
• Working together with the heads of other departments of the Fund to develop and maintain strategic relationships that contribute to the fundraising and communication goals of the Fund;
• Representing the Fund externally.
Full job description and benefits here.