The Grants Support Officer will be part of NIMD’s Grants Management Team in The Hague. This team is in charge of coordinating the implementation of all NIMD programme commitments. The team also acts as the secretariat for the consortia that NIMD leads.
The Grants Support Officer will support the consortia in general, and the Grants Coordinators in The Hague in particular, to ensure that the Grant Management team of NIMD and the different consortia function optimally.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The Grants Support Officer supports the Grant Management Team in coordinating the implementation of NIMD grants, and plays a key role in the information management and communication between consortium members, and the communication within NIMD. In addition, the Grants Support Officer will also be involved in the communication towards donors. The Grants Support Officer anticipates, is proactive, and relieves workload from the Grants Coordinators where possible. He/she oversees and bundles information to increase efficiency within the programme Consortia.
Specific tasks include:
• Supports the Grants Management Team in ensuring that overall programme objectives are met, in accordance with the grant agreements.
• Supports the Grants Management Team in developing formats, tools and procedures for programme planning, monitoring and reporting.
• Provides support to NIMD’s consortium partners, programme partners and NIMD country offices on the planning and reporting cycle, and on compliance with donor requirements.
• Organizes consortium meetings (both physical and online) and is responsible for the reporting thereof. Takes up the facilitator’s role when needed.
• Prepares the agenda, relevant documents and logistics for meetings, and monitors the action list. Is responsible for organizing meetings with third parties as well as NIMD events, within the set time and budget.
• Assists the Grants Coordinators, and where relevant other colleagues, in entering programme documentation and information in the project management system and other software.
• Assists the Grants Management Team in drafting correspondence and administration, where needed and relevant.
• Ensures that programme documents and correspondence are available in the project management system (Project Connect) and, where relevant, on the NIMD website.
• Collaborates closely with the colleagues of the Finance, Control & Support team (logistics) and the Positioning Team (communication).
• A relevant academic background;
• A minimum of three years of relevant working experience ;
• Politically sensitive and good intercultural and personal communication skills
• Excellent command of the English language, as well as French and/or Spanish, both orally and in writing. A good command of other relevant languages (Dutch, Arabic)is an advantage;
• Pro-active and hands-on attitude;
• Team player, but also able to working independently;
• Good facilitation and coaching skills;
• The ability to work online with people in different countries;
• Proven affinity with the themes and approach of NIMD;
• Applicants must have a valid work permit for the European Union.
We offer a position for 32- 38 hours at our office in The Hague for one year, renewable. You will work in the Grants Management Team under the guidance of the Head of Programme & Knowledge.
NIMD offers a competitive remuneration package, including a laptop and mobile phone. The salary corresponds to the Dutch Government salary framework (BBRA), scale 9 (2825 EUR – 3990 EUR) gross a month based on 38 hours). In addition, NIMD offers a flexible and fun work environment with good secondary benefits, including a personal training budget.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications and a resumé in English to firstname.lastname@example.org before 19 April 2021. Interviews will be held soon as possible.
Additional information can be obtained by contacting Wouter Dol, Head of Programmes & Knowledge, via Wouterdol@NIMD.org
Principals only. Only replies by individual candidates for this job will be considered.