The Amsterdam office hosts two teams: the International Office (IO), which supports the CCC global network, and the Dutch Schone Kleren Campagne (SKC), which coordinates CCC activities in the Netherlands. These two teams are supported by IT specialists, an HR Coordinator, an Office Manager, a Fundraising Coordinator and a small financial team. In total, the organisation employs 25 staff within one legal entity (Stichting Schone Kleren Campagne). The organization has no Executive Director; decision-making is based on consensus and non-hierarchical principles, within a clearly defined framework of self-steering teams. The coordination of organisational matters is performed by a Cross Team Body (CTB), in which both teams are represented. The CTB has three portfolio holders (Finances & Grant management, Fundraising, and HR & IT/Office management).
The organisation receives funding from a mix of governmental, institutional and private donors. This includes CCC being a member of the Fair, Green and Global (FGG) alliance which receives funding from the Strategic Partnership program of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Buza).
CCC’s goals include being a diversity-based organisation in terms of gender, race, ethnicity, sexuality etc. CCC also offers an accommodating environment and flexible work conditions to all employees.
In the 30 years of its existence, CCC has received funds from a variety of institutions and foundations within and outside the Netherlands, including governments, the EU and other public and private foundations. Responsibility for funding is shared by everyone in the CCC Network. Each entity is responsible for its own funding while stimulating coordinated efforts at national, regional and international level.
For this position the key tasks at hand are to
actively research, identify, assess, and develop new fundraising opportunities and relationships with prospective institutional donors, private foundations, trusts, and major donors.
coordinate the research and the development of fundraising opportunities and the relationships with funders in close collaboration with the CCC global network.
The tasks are part of the broader fundraising strategy and aim at securing a diverse and sustainable long term financial base to ensure independence of action and support the implementation of CCC’s strategy. The work is carried out in close collaboration with the other Fundraising Coordinator.
- Relevant experience in fundraising, with a proven track record of managing and implementing successful fundraising
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, combined with strong research, prospecting and planning skills, including cross-cultural working with organisations in Northern and Southern countries.
- Excellent level of Dutch and English, both in speaking and writing
- Commitment to labour rights, and knowledge of the garment industry are a plus
- Willingness and ability to be flexible given work across time zones and to undertake overseas travel
- A valid work and residence permit for the Netherlands or Belgium is required
- a dynamic job in a non-hierarchical organisation in which all staff earn the same salary, within an inspiring international network
- a contract till 31 December 2020. This could be prolonged upon satisfactory performance and availability of funds
For 2020 the salary level is set at € 3.604 gross per month for 36 hours (full time) plus 8% holiday pay. For this position this means € 1.601 gross per month for 16 hours. Every year salaries are adjusted for inflation.
A fully paid pension plan, 36 Euros net telephone allowance, general net allowance 1% of gross salary, contribution towards trade union membership, reimbursement of travel costs (up to a certain amount), 5 weeks holidays
The position can also be filled on a freelance basis at a daily rate of € 299 (VAT included)
How to apply
For more information you can contact Thiru Yovel (Portfolio holder Fundraising) at email@example.com in the period till 7th August.
From 8th August onward please contact Aleida van der Wal (Fundraising Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Kindly send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before midnight on Friday the 14th of August 2020. The first round of interviews will be conducted in the week of 17th of August 2020. Starting date, as soon as possible