About the OCA Fundraising and Partnership Manager role
OCA’s Programmes are funded through contributions from our private partners and several donors and foundations. As part of our multi-year strategy plan, we are broadening our funding base by expanding and deepening our fundraising work with foundations and donors while streamlining the onboarding of new private sector Contributors. The Fundraising and Partnership Manager will play a crucial role in further developing, coordinating and implementing OCA’s fundraising strategy while being responsible for the account management of current foundation and donor relationships and reporting.
As the Fundraising and Partnership Manager you will be part of a growing international team and get the chance to do the work from A to Z, making your work diverse and rewarding. You will report directly to the Executive Director in Amsterdam and work closely with the other team units such as Programmes, Communications, and Operations in the Netherlands and different country offices.
The position is for 32 hours a week, based out of Amsterdam, and might require incidental international travel.
- Lead the development and implementation of OCA’s broader fundraising strategy
- Identify, assess, and research prospective donors and foundations with the aim of identifying relevant funds to strengthen existing programs and develop new ones
- Coordinate and execute grant development and grant writing for funding opportunities, as well as grant reporting, working closely with the other teams at OCA and external partners
- Monitor the progress of projects and financial processes.
- Managing OCA’s donor and foundation accounts, ensuring partner organisation-wide engagement and accountability
- Support private sector partnership development (OCA Contributors) with overall relationship management strategy and onboarding support
- Development of effective relations with (potential) core donors and foundations, contributing to the further strategic development of OCA
- Drive the development of internal depositories and management systems related to fundraising, reporting, and relationship management
You thrive in a results-oriented, cooperative, and hands-on work environment in a committed team that acts as the executive arm of a leading multi-stakeholder organisation in the organic cotton sector.
You are an organised, self-motivated, and proactive team player with a track record in fundraising and partnership management and an interest in sustainability, organic agriculture and/or sustainable fashion. A strategic thinker that can connect OCA’s objectives to those of potential and existing donors and foundations. Someone with great interpersonal skills and an excellent communicator capable of developing compelling narratives, both verbally and in writing. You work well in a team setting and are known for being a proactive, fast learner.
What you bring
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a track record in fundraising, effective stakeholder management and building (international) partnerships
- Strong relationship management and skills aimed at building partnerships, networking, excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbally
- Network in the public and private donor field, including European governments, private foundations, and relevant international organizations
- Well-versed in grant writing and donor reporting
- Affinity with sustainability in agriculture and/or textiles and fashion, particularly organic agriculture and international rural development, and the related environmental and social issues
- Preferably experienced in reporting and fundraising management tools
- Fluent in English and Dutch. Other languages are a plus, especially French and/or German.
Join the movement
We offer a unique and rewarding role in a leading international sustainability platform at the Fashion for Good centre in the centre of Amsterdam. A professional, enabling and value-driven culture of team spirit, initiative and responsibility. Starting with a 1-year contract, with salary and benefits in line with sector standards and experience. The preferred start is as soon as possible. You are eligible to work in the Netherlands.