The Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy (NIMD) works to promote peaceful, just and inclusive democracy worldwide. To that end, and together with our global network, we work with the entire political sector in a country, from aspiring politicians to political leaders, and from national to local level. Currently, we run programmes in some twenty countries in Africa, Latin America, Southeast Asia, and the MENA region.
NIMD’s Global Office is located in the political heart of the Netherlands in The Hague. Here an experienced and committed international staff of around 30 colleagues provide support to our global programming. Our working culture is informal and open, and encourages initiatives, professionalism and interaction. We strive to be the leading democracy network of political practitioners for inclusive and accountable politics.
The global office in The Hague comprises four teams: Programmes & Knowledge; Grants Management; Finance, Control & Support, and Positioning. After securing two multi-annual programmes, we have set new ambitions in terms of growth and diversification of NIMD’s income to support our work around the world. This means we are now looking for a Fundraising Officer to strengthen our Positioning team:
You are a dynamic and creative professional with a passion to contribute to support inclusive democracy. You are a skilled writer, digital native and you know how to transfer your skills and knowledge around our international network of colleagues and partners. You have experience in developing successful funding proposals for different donors, and are able to identify what is needed to convince a donor to support our work. You are creative but can also work structured with an eye for detail, and you know how to coordinate within a tight deadline.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The Fundraising Officer is responsible for increasing quantity and quality of NIMD’s funding proposals to a variety of bilateral, multilateral and private funders to support our programming. You will be supporting both processes initiated in The Hague and within our country offices. This includes shaping and streamlining NIMD’s systems, processes and practices to increase success with proposals, but also includes support in building relations with donors for direct acquisition and the link to communications and sharing results from our work.
Specific tasks include:
• Analysing and following-up on new financing opportunities for NIMD
• Support and coordinate institutional proposal development (both financial and programmatic). …
• Supporting or coordinating proposal writing trajectories while ensuring compliance to donor rules and regulations
• Maintaining and expanding operational fundraising library, related to both donor information and NIMD approaches/description of interventions
• Work closely with NIMD country teams or implementing partners to support national and regional fundraising efforts.
• Gathering knowledge and information on (potential) donors and identifying entry points and building relations
• A relevant academic background;
• Excellent command of English is needed, and proficiency in French, Spanish and/or Arabic is a clear advantage
• A minimum of two years of relevant working experience
• Pro-active and hands-on attitude;
• Team player, but also able to working independently;
• Proven affinity with the themes and approach of NIMD
• Applicants must have a valid work permit for the European Union.
We offer a position for 32- 38 hours at our office in The Hague for one year, renewable. You will work in the Positioning team under the guidance of the Executive Director and the Senior Advisor Fundraising and Strategic Relations.
NIMD offers a competitive remuneration package, including a laptop and mobile phone. The salary corresponds to the Dutch Government salary framework (BBRA), scale 10 (EUR 2.756 – EUR 4.430) gross a month based on 38 hours). In addition, NIMD offers a flexible and fun work environment with good secondary benefits, including a personal training budget.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications and a resumé in English to email@example.com before Sunday 7 March 2021. Interviews will be held in the week of 15 March 2021
Additional information can be obtained by contacting Thijs Berman, executive director, via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0031 (0)70-3115464
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.