RNW Media is an international organisation that builds digital communities for social change. We use online media to engage young people (15-30 years old) on sensitive and often-taboo subjects – from love, sex and relationships to civic participation. Through our platforms, young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them.
RNTC, RNW Media’s Training Centre, strengthens the knowledge and skills of bloggers, vloggers, and of professional and citizen journalists for today’s media world. The Training Centre is well renowned in the media world. They offer intensive courses in the Netherlands, flexible learning online and tailor-made training worldwide.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Full Stack Developer – RNTC
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
Vacancy number: 20-031
This is a new position in the Training Centre and is a result of expansion and more projects coming in. As a Full Stack Developer for our training centre you work in a fast-changing and international environment. You contribute to the objectives of RNW Media by:
- ensuring the continuity of RNTC Media Training Centre by developing into a professional and profitable business unit;
- ensuring the continuity of RNTC offering courses by providing technical solutions for selling courses from the website and building a new e-learning platform
- supporting a rebranding of RNTC implementing the refreshed design of RNTC.
You are a creative and open minded person who likes to solve problems by being patient and helpful. You’re able to prioritise your workload and you are aware of your environment. Flexibility sounds familiar to you and you are able to listen and question. Accuracy, situational awareness and having a birds-eye view define you.
Positioning in the organisation
The Full Stack Developer is positioned in the Digital Department and will report to the Digital Manager.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Working closely together with RNTC Marketing & Communications Manager to translate the business needs into technical design;
- Working in close collaboration with Graphic Designer on (re-)branding;
- Planning regular alignments and reviews with (UX/UI) designers, providing feedback, advising and input and implementing features across the website;
- Advising stakeholders on tooling for Learning Management System (LMS) and implementation plan, either in Drupal stack or through additional PHP applications;
- Defining architecture of and developing online learning portal in LMS and provide training to content team;
- Able to work both strategically as well as hands-on;
- Ability to work independently.
Knowledge and experience
- About 5-7 years’ relevant experience;
- Familiar with Drupal 8;
- Experience in product development, preferably experience with Drupal e-commerce sites;
- defines, implements and maintains the technical architecture;
- Generates and maintains technical documentation, track and provide updates on project status;
- Experience with ZOHO (CRM) integrations;
- Worked extensively with Git, preferably exposed to Git Flow;
- Comfortable with integration to RESTful APIs;
- Makes sure the web server infrastructure is working correctly;
- Is responsible for the safety and security of the technical infrastructure;
- Manages DNS and certificates;
- An interest in Business Analysis and / or e-Commerce is a plus! Looking at website performance and coming up with suggestions for improvements, monitoring change, successes and ‘failures’.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up next to a national park. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 7 (€3.096 – €4.332,96). Your salary will be dependant on experience and expertise. We offer a 6 months contract, subject to renewal.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and Northern Africa and China are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE asap but latest on August 17th at 16.00. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- An assignment can be part of the procedure. If yes, you will be informed before the second-round interview;
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.