Zamaneh Media is a Persian language online media organization based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. It provides independent journalism, citizen reporting, debate and knowledge to an audience in Iran and the Persian speaking community around the world, building bridges between Iran and the Iranian diaspora and between different Persian speaking communities, such as in Afghanistan and Central Asia.
It is an independent public media that gives a voice to the unheard: geographic, ethnic and sexual minorities, young Iranians, experts, writers, bloggers, artists and independent academic thinkers are all engaged in conversations about a wide range of issues, including those that are considered public taboos in present-day Iran.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
The financial manager takes final responsibility for all financial administration of the foundation, furnishing financial reports and advising the board on financial policy with the objective of guaranteeing the continuity of Zamaneh Media. Specific tasks and responsibilities include:
- Management of the Zamaneh Media financial department, working closely with the financial officer
- Implement the financial policy of the foundation and advising the board on necessary financial decisions
- Drawing up the annual budget and determining budget allocations on the basis of subsidies received, ensuring the correct entry of project costs
- Compiling budget proposals for funding, ensuring implementation progress, signaling discrepancies and taking corrective measures
- Overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll matters
- Monitoring liquidity and submitting payment requests to donors
- Compiling regular financial reports and budget notes for the board and funders
- Preparing the annual financial statement and provide input for the annual report
- Coordinating the further automation of financial processes within the Foundation.
We are looking for someone who is:
- University educated in Business Administration, Financial Management or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in a financial position as a Controller or Assistant Controller, preferably in the non-profit and/or international sector
- Capable of thinking analytically and is a skilled communicator
- Mindful towards security and sensitivities surrounding Iran human rights work and respectful to everyone involved in the work
- Willing and able to work normal business hours from our Amsterdam office
- An all-round team player and coordinates in a non-directive style
- Passionate about supporting independent media and journalism activities within a challenging setting, knowledge of media development is an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and Dutch is essential
- Experienced with accounting software.
- An exciting work environment in a driven international team, both in Amsterdam and around the world.
- A one-year contract, followed by a permanent position;
- A central position within the organization. The Financial Manager is part of the management team, together with the Executive Director, Editor in Chief and Program Managers.
- A salary of between 3,296 and 4,500 per month on fulltime basis (40 hours / week), depending on education and experience, plus 8% holiday allowance.
- Inclusion in the Zamaneh Media pension fund.
- 25 vacation days on fulltime basis.
Send your CV + motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday March 23, 2020 or call 020 – 6387947 for further inquiries. An assessment or assessments may be part of the application process.