The Financial Administrator fulfills the registering and reporting roll of all finance related activities of the organisation, including personnel administration support. This includes bookkeeping, from inserting receipts to reporting on projects and drafting the annual statement. The tasks involved includes supporting personnel administration and payrolling. The post requires an all-round, highly-organised, proactive and dynamic professional with a hands-on attitude. A degree in Finance and / or Accounting and an excellent command of English are essential to the role. Additionally, experience with Exact online or finance software such like Afas, Cash or Twinfield is required. The Financial Administrator reports to the Director of Finance and Services. The Finance and Services department is responsible for Finance, Human Resources, Office and IT management.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure proper registration of all financial data;
- Ensure smooth running of all the financial activities and processes;
- Ensure proper functioning of internal control systems of the finance department;
- Ensure proper functioning of personnel administration: contracting, filing, mutations, preparing salaries with the use of the HR software;
- Preparation of (project) budgets for donor proposals;
- Monthly financial reporting on projects and quarterly reporting on the organisation’s finances;
- Monthly reporting and forecasting on income, expenses and liquidity;
- Preparation of the annual financial statement including all related documents;
- Facilitate the interim audit and the audit of the annual financial statement, and implementation of the audit recommendations;
- Support the Director of Finance and Services on budgets, planning, projects, liquidity reports and forecasts, and other financial related issues;
- Review the financial processes, identify improvements, efficiency and implement them in discussion with Director of Finance and Services;
- Be a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters;
- Support the Director of Finance and Services with all the financial and administrative tasks when required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience using accounting software, preferably Exact online.
- Good knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and a good understanding of the RJ650 accountancy policy;
- Good knowledge of the basics of personnel administration in software like ADP or BCS, and actual law and regulations;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Flexible with the capacity and willingness to grow;
- Analytical and abstract thinking;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with colleagues worldwide.
- Good general understanding of IT and software and advanced MS Excel skills;
- Proficiency in English.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and / or Accounting;
- Suitable and sufficient experience in a similar role and full breadth of financial administration for at least 5 years.
- A contract for 40 hours per week for a period of 12 months, with possible extension, at our office in The Hague;
- An international environment and working in English;
- Competitive employment conditions;
- A chance to make a difference.
Looking to make a difference for wildlife?
Please email your CV and motivation letter in English by email only to email@example.com. Resumes without motivation letters will not be considered. Should you have any questions about this position, please email us at this address. Please indicate Financial Administrator in the email subject line.
The Wildlife Justice Commission workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. The Wildlife Justice Commission seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity and to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Deadline to submit applications: 20 September 2021
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.