Job Title: Finance Officer
Duty Station: The Netherlands
Line Manager: Operations Support Manager
Tasks and Activities
- Ensure that all financial transactions are carried out in accordance with SWHF procedures and policies;
- Ensure cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, etc.
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organisation;
- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that funds are utilised appropriately;
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to donors;
- Assist in the financial audits of all projects of the organisation;
- Assisting with banking operations, including setting up accounts, updating mandates/signatories, making payments, and reconciling accounts;
- Assisting with the payroll process, including liaising with the HR officer and outsourced payroll company;
- Provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management, Human Resource Management policies, logistics, travel and other areas of administration;
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets and managing records and receipts;
- Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions and preparing balance sheets;
- Being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters;
- Supporting the Operations Support Manager and executives with projects and tasks as required.
Required Qualifications Education, Experience and Competencies.
- BA in accounting, finance, business or relevant field;
- Strong professional financial experience, and experience of working as a finance officer or a similar role;
- Knowledge/understanding of reporting requirements for Dutch NGOs or experience in delivering high-level financial reports to key stakeholders;
- Excellent IT skills, with specific competency with Microsoft Excel. Previous experience using accounting software is highly desirable
- Outstanding organisational and time-management abilities;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Able to manage multiple activities and identify priorities, meet deadlines and solve problems with shifting and competing values in a complex environment;
- Cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills, and able to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff and stakeholders;
- Fluent in Dutch and English (Spoken and Written). Arabic is a plus;
- Ability to perform clerical work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- High standards of confidentiality, reliability and discretion;
- Integrity by sharing the SWHF’s values and ethical standards.
HOW TO APPLY
This position is open to candidates with valid work and residence permits in the Netherlands and/or EU.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the application form on this link and attach your CV and a covering letter explaining your background, suitability for the role and interest in what we do.
Closing date for application: 08 August 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the required job qualifications will be contacted