Do you want to contribute to the success of a new generation of young entrepreneurs in Africa?
We are looking for a finance officer for ~ 3 days per week.
This position can be combined with the position for finance manager for ~ 1 day per week: https://www.oneworld.nl/vacaturebank/finance-manager-3/
Crosswise Works focuses on stimulating entrepreneurship and employment in emerging economies (particularly in Africa), to accelerate international sustainable development. Important themes in our work are entrepreneurship, financial inclusion, innovation, circular economy and agriculture. We tackle these themes with young people in particular. We are partly funded by donors and also deliver paid consultancy services. We are fast, flexible and lean. We cherish proven methods but also like to explore innovations. And we never work alone. Partnerships are very important to us.
We have recently started a couple of large (grant subsidised) programs and our revenue is growing. We are looking for a finance officer to manage the accounts of our organisation and of the programs. Someone who can carry out the financial processes and who can also take on certain financial administrative activities from the programs and projects.
- Do the accounting of the organisation and its projects meticulously;
- Processing of expenses, income and bank transactions;
- Processing of data for cashflow management and organisational budget management;
- Sending invoices, ensuring that they are paid;
- Preparing and executing (international) payments;
- Communication about payment agreements with suppliers, donors and customers;
- Prepare financial reports for donors and management;
- Prepare annual audits;
- Analyse financial contracts and implement new obligations;
- Improve financial processes where they can be more efficient or where they can be of more support to the organisation;
- Support the project staff in daily activities, such as quotes, budgets, project administration et cetera.
- You have a HBO working and thinking level (at least a relevant MBO education completed);
- You have 2-3 years of relevant work experience;
- You have worked with a multi-project administration before;
- You have worked with grant-based projects before;
- You’re good at Excel;
- Knowledge of Exact Online is an advantage;
- You speak English or Dutch;
- You are stress resistant, discrete and work carefully;
- You like a meticulous administration, but you can sometimes also be pragmatic about it;
- You’re a good communicator and know how to voice your opinion;
- You can work independently.
What do you get from us?
- A good salary, depending on your experience
- A nice, creative work environment in Amsterdam West (B.Amsterdam)
- A fun team of ambitious and communicative impact makers;
- A lot of flexibility to do your work in your own way, to work when you want and where you want, but also support when you need it;
- A nice job with a growing, dynamic organisation with a flat hierarchy and with an eye for personal ambitions and development.
Do you want to apply? Send a motivation letter with your CV to Folkje Lips, at email@example.com before August 10.
We’re committed to creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive work space regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. We’re dedicated to creating an environment that celebrates and embraces individuals who reflect the diversity of the world we live in. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.