Do you want to contribute to the success of a new generation of young entrepreneurs in Africa?
We are looking for a finance manager for ~ 1 day per week.
This position can be combined with the position for finance officer for ~ 3 days per week: https://www.oneworld.nl/vacaturebank/finance-officer-2/
Crosswise Works focuses on stimulating entrepreneurship and employment in emerging economies (particularly in Africa), to accelerate international sustainable development. Important themes in our work are entrepreneurship, financial inclusion, innovation, circular economy and agriculture. We tackle these themes with young people in particular. We are partly funded by donors and also deliver paid consultancy services. We are fast, flexible and lean. We cherish proven methods but also like to explore innovations. And we never work alone. Partnerships are very important to us.
We have recently started a couple of large (grant subsidised) programs and our revenue is growing. We are looking for a finance manager to support our management with the financial strategy of our organisation. We prefer to hire an employee for this position, but would also consider a freelance contract.
- Improve and, where necessary, set up financial and administrative procedures;
- Improve and maintain accounting -, cashflow – and budget management systems;
- Advice on business strategy decisions;
- Advice colleagues on financial choices in their projects and new business;
- Analyse donor contracts and regulations and advice on strategy and improvements;
- Manage the work of the finance officer(s).
- You have a WO working and thinking level (at least a relevant HBO education completed);
- You have a solid background in finance management;
- You have a lot of relevant work experience in our branch (development sector) and/or with multiple grant subsidised projects;
- Preferably you bring knowledge on VAT rules and regulations;
- You’re a master of Excel;
- Knowledge of Exact Online is an advantage;
- You can work independently;
- You’re willing to work in work in our Amsterdam office 1 day a week.
What do you get from us?
- A good salary, depending on your experience;
- A nice, creative work environment in Amsterdam West (B.Amsterdam);
- A fun team of ambitious and communicative impact makers;
- A nice job with a growing, dynamic organisation with a flat hierarchy and with an eye for personal ambitions and development.
Do you want to apply? Send a motivation letter with your CV to Folkje Lips, at email@example.com before August 10.
We’re committed to creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive work space regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. We’re dedicated to creating an environment that celebrates and embraces individuals who reflect the diversity of the world we live in. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.