The Beyond Beans Foundation is the implementation body of ETG trading company for sustainable cocoa, cashew and coffee programs, that are developed with and for industrial offtakes. In close cooperation with our Sustainability Team in West Africa, farmer groups and program partners we support farmers to improve their farming practices towards a living income, we help communities to tackle child labour, we strive to empower women, and we protect the natural environment with agroforestry and conservation efforts. Beyond Beans is a foundation based out of the Netherlands and has 4 subsidiaries in West Africa: Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria and Cameroon. With our international and driven team of 100+ project and field officers we build dedicated sustainable supply chains towards skilled farmers, resilient communities and a healthy environment.
We are looking for a Finance & Operations manager to help set-up the finance and administrative organization that supports the growth of Beyond Beans and its sub entities in West-Africa.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support the strategy development and implementation of our financial control system for The Netherlands and our sub-entities in origins.
- Execute financial transactions and organize bookkeeping for the foundation in the Netherlands.
- Report aggregated budget realized and cashflow projections for all sub-entities to the board of the foundation and ETG.
- Compose financial reports for co-funded programs to donors (e.g. RVO, IDH, GIZ).
- Organize payroll, HR, legal administration and office procurement.
- Coordinate yearly establishment of operational budget with country reps and program managers.
- Support financial exercises for funding proposals, coordinated by our fundraising team.
- Assess opportunities for funding and accessible loans for sustainability activities.
Qualities we are looking for
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance;
- At least 2 years of experience in finance (independently managing a financial caseload);
- Self-starter and all-round mentality; willing to execute simple tasks as well as manage big portfolios;
- A passionate and ambitious worker.
- Analytic, accurate, efficient and problem-solving;
- You need to be innovative and driven to continuously improve our projects and procedures;
- An international mindset; you will be working in a multinational environment;
- Fluent in English and French is a pre;
You will be part of an international Finance team of Beyond Beans, consistent of 2 finance colleagues in The Netherlands and 10+ controllers in origin countries. In The Netherlands, you will also work closely with the sustainability management team in Amstelveen (10+ staff) on Program management, Finance, Marketing and Fundraising.
In addition, you will closely collaborate with the Finance teams of ETG in Amstelveen and United Emirates to align processes and reporting to the ETG Group as well as consortium partners of ETG’s sustainability initiatives.
What we offer you
You will be part of a fast-growing organisation and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. We offer substantial freedom in your work, engagement in a broad range of sustainability topics, and personal development opportunities. Your daily operations go beyond finance administration; your contribution will support our mission to improve the livelihood conditions of rural farmer communities. Beyond Beans offers a competitive salary and secondary employment conditions. Work status 32-40 hours per week.
Please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 16th.