Set and maintain a proper financial framework for Oxfam Novib, by delivering on the underlying processes and procedures, and by implementing continuous improvement practices with the aim to embed high quality financial management practices throughout the organization.
- Oxfam Novib Financial framework and processes are well managed, maintained and continuously improved;
- High quality of financial administration of the organisation;
- Delivery of quality and timely financial reporting and audit coordination;
- Advice function on all aspects of Oxfam Novib Financial Management.
- Set up and management of Oxfam Novib’s financial framework and its underlying processes with as aim to ensure proper use of the organization’s financial resources and prevention of over-expenditure;
- Coordinate the activities of Oxfam Novib’s finance administration;
- Lead on constant improvement of financial processes and professionalization of the team and practices including automated processes:
- Financial closure of Oxfam Novib’s financial administration on a monthly basis;
- Assure compliance of Oxfam Novib administration(s) to accounting principles and local rules and regulations;
- Delivery of Oxfam Novib’s Financial Statements and coordination of external audit on the financial statement;
- Actively contribute and advice on improved treasury management: setup and maintenance of procedures and (banking and reporting) instruments in order to maintain a healthy liquidity position for the organization and to prevent pre-financing of projects and country offices’ overspending; and while doing so, limiting the exposure to foreign exchange fluctuations;
- Develop the treasury management and tax related processes.
- Close working relations with the Department units, especially with HR, Concern Controller team and EA unit in regard to financial reporting, reconciliation and consolidation of data;
- In coordination with the EA unit, work with Country Offices in regard to financial management and control;
- When necessary, work with other Affiliates and/or OI on any internal project.
- External auditors for Annual Accounts audit;
- Bank with whom Oxfam Novib is working and any related banking authorities;
- Dutch Tax Authorities or any related regulatory body in regard to reporting within the Dutch regulatory framework.
What we offer
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. The salary range for this position is set in scale 10 with a salary range between € 3.245,– and € 4.994,– based on 36 hours a week. Benefits typically include annual pay increases, performance-related salary increases, holiday allowance, contributions to commuting costs, vacation days, parental, care and special leave, a private bicycle scheme, pension scheme, etc.