is looking for a new Finance colleague who likes to ensure an orderly and efficient operation of our accounting system and administration processes in support of our work on worldwide projects . Someone with a keen eye for detail when checking invoices and expenses claims. Someone to enforce and keep up discipline in our basic financial processes and to make sure that all required documentation is collected and filed properly and timely.
In this job you contribute critically to overall finance management, guided on a daily basis by the Finance Administration Officer, both under formal supervision by the Finance Director. Your principal task concerns operating the accounting system, i.e. all the work related to bookkeeping. You also play an active role in maintaining and improving finance related policies and instructions.
Position in the organization
The Finance Administration Assistant is reporting to the Finance Director. On a daily basis you will work most closely with the Finance Administration Officer, but with the Grants manager and other staff as well.
Key accounting (related) tasks:
- Processing financial documents; checking completeness and compliance
- Booking invoices, expense claims, bank and cash transactions in the accounting system
- Prepare payments in multiple online banking facilities
- Reconciliation of bank data and creditors and debtor positions
- Processing monthly salary administration data; liaising with our payroll administrators
- Project time sheet management
- Supporting both Finance Administration Officer and Finance Director in preparing for internal and external reporting including project audits and the annual statutory audit
- Maintaining an appropriate, efficient filing system of all accounting records
- Petty cash management, regular cash counts
- Enforcing compliance with finance administration policies, instructions and guidelines
Optional extension of tasks
Depending on your personal interest, skills and experience, the range of your tasks may be extended to include HR administration and various office and project operation tasks like:
- procuring office supplies; booking hotels and flight tickets
- being the point person for local service providers, and managing online portals processes
- service contract management
- HR contract (filing) management
- keeping staff holiday and sick leave records
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- The equivalent of MBO education in accounting and administration
- At least two years of demonstrated experience with current accounting software systems
- Good command of Excel
- Accurate and orderly working methods and attitude
- Familiarity with online platforms and databases, notably Microsoft 365: OneDrive, Sharepoint, Teams
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken
- Proficiency in English
- Knowledge of Dutch is an asset
- Work experience with nonprofits (NGOs)
- Integrity as a key professional value
- Eager to learn and develop as a professional
Please apply before 26 November 2020 20:00h (CET):
- emailing your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
- including contact information of two professional references
- using the subject line: [Your first and last name]: Finance Administration Assistant
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. These will be invited for an online call late November or early December.
WFM-IGP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse staff. Women and persons of minority backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
The World Federalist Movement / Institute for Global Policy (WFM/IGP), founded in 1947, is a non-profit, non-partisan organization committed to the realization of global peace and justice through the development of democratic institutions and the application of international law. WFM-IGP includes a comprehensive set of programs that work to protect civilians from mass atrocities, increase access to justice, facilitate transparency in governance, and promote the rule of law. We work in partnership with the United Nations, governments, and other international and regional institutions around the globe—as well as with thousands of committed individuals and world leaders—to strengthen multilateral frameworks and approaches in order to effectively address transnational challenges. WFM-IGP is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the United States, a registered ANBI-Stichting (charitable foundation) in The Netherlands, and has ECOSOC Consultative Status with the United Nations.