“We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis!” Together with hundreds of colleagues from the Netherlands and abroad and with tens of thousands of volunteers, we are committed to this mission every day.
Are you excited about entrepreneurship promotion and inclusive market systems development in Eastern Africa? And would you like to work on that through a people and community centered approach leading to inclusion and social and economic benefits? We are currently recruiting a results oriented
expert inclusive entrepreneurship
(Almere, 28-32 hours a week)
Tasks and responsibilities:
As expert inclusive entrepreneurship you are part of our Programmes team. Together we assess contexts and opportunities, attract resources, develop partnerships, design theories of change and develop integrated programmes related to enterprising livelihoods and entrepreneurship. In this position you:
- Provide support and technical advice to our country offices on inclusive entrepreneurship, multi stakeholder partnerships and inclusion of marginalized people;
- Provide our country offices with functional expertise, operational advice and support with project development, implementation, learning and evaluation;
- In cooperation with country and international office colleagues, you innovate new combinations of thematic topics, financing instruments, methodologies for implementation and partnerships
- Jointly develop best practices and learning materials, and participate in face to face and online exchange and learning;
- Together with our strategic partnership advisors, successfully manage relationships with institutional donors and cooperation partners and proactively approach stakeholders for cooperation and/or funding.
Are you an (international) business development professional or are you excited about inclusive entrepreneurship and have relevant business experience? Being successful in this position requires:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in the field of international and/or business development;
- Relevant and multi-year (international) business or entrepreneurial experience, preferably with on the ground experience in Africa;
- Experience in developing innovative models in the international development sector in a multi stakeholder context;
- Proficiency in initiating and managing diverse relationships and stakeholders;
- Effective advisory, collaboration and facilitation skills that lead to achieving results;
- Experience in training and coaching teams and individuals;
- Strong written and oral skills in the English (and preferably Dutch) language;
- Affinity with international development cooperation or humanitarian assistance;
- As a Christian you can fully agree with our mission, vision and core values and you are willing to sign our code of conduct*.
What’s in it for you?
In this position you are offered:
- A challenging opportunity to work on systemic change that really includes and benefits people on a personal level;
- Together with your colleagues in Almere and our country offices, you work on providing those in need with viable entrepreneurial opportunities;
- Room for creativity, new ideas, and entrepreneurship;
- A rewarding position in a professional, dynamic and international humanitarian aid and development organization;
- A salary of € 2.976,- to € 4.210,59 per month (on fulltime basis) and good secondary employment conditions, including a non-contributory pension plan, flexible working hours and an attractive working from home policy.
We look forward to your application! Send your motivation and resume at the latest January 26th, 2022 to David Karelse, recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions you can reach Joost van den Hee, team lead, at +31627164112or via email@example.com.
All applicants should be able to demonstrate the ability to live and work in The Netherlands by the start date of the position.
* All Dorcas employees sign the Dorcas code of conduct and are obliged to adhere to it. The protection of the child has specific attention in our code of conduct. We hereby follow the PSEA guidelines (Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse). During the application process we can perform a background check, including references from former employers. You can find our code of conduct via downloads at dorcas.nl/organisatie.