Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences (location Velp) has a vacancy for a:
Education assistant Masters of Development (for 0.5 fte)
We are recruiting a colleague for 0.5 fte who can make an active contribution to the Master in Management of Development (MOD) and the Master programme Agricultural Production Chain Management (APCM). These MSc-programmes are designed for mid-career development professionals, with a background in rural development or agriculture. The majority of our students come from abroad (Africa, Latin-America and Asia). These top-rated programs are renowned for its international learning environment, team projects and linking theory and practice. All courses are taught in English and have a strong international focus.
We are looking for a person who has a passion for international development work and has an ambition to contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. Van Hall Larenstein values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. An education assistant has the ability to help create a well-organized educational programme that runs smoothly.
We are looking for an Education Assistant to join the Master programmes Management of Development (MoD) and Agriculture Production Chain Management (APCM). You will provide general support to both academic programmes, assist with the activities within the education programme and support with the planning of educational program. You will work in a small team of staff who run the master programs.
Jobs do vary depending on the period, but generally, it concerns:
- Provide administrative support to the MoD and APCM educational programme and staff
- Support and coordinate a broad range of educational activities
- Take the lead in quality-evaluation of the courses and participate in activities to maintain the quality of the curriculum of the master programs
- Maintain and oversee all recordkeeping for students and staff
- Support the set-up of new to develop online courses
- Structure and add content to the social media channels of the master programs
- Arrange meetings and take notes for recordkeeping
- Organise excursions and joint activities at VHL
- Generate and distribute reports as appropriate
- Bachelor degree
- Preferably relevant work experience in the educational sector (also online) and an interest in international development
- Pro-active attitude to implement tasks at hand
- Good communication skills (written and spoken) and outstanding command of the English language
- You are team-oriented, socially skilled and entrepreneurial
- Comfortable working with different cultures and backgrounds
- We offer a challenging job opportunity in international education.
- Initially a temporary contract of one year for 0.5 fte (20 hours a week); with the possibility of extension based on proven competence.
- The salary -depending on age and experience- is a minimum of 2.273,10 and a maximum of € 3,077.54 gross per month for a fulltime position (in accordance with the Hay job profile Onderwijsassistent 1, scale 7 CAO HBO).
- Starting date 1st June 2021.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Annemarie Westendorp. Tel: 06 53129624.
Please send your pitch and CV before 15th of May 2021 with the application button at www.werkenbijhogescholen.nl (only in Dutch). Applications submitted otherwise will not be considered.
Interviews will be scheduled in the week of 17th of May 2021.
Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences is an international green knowledge institute that combines education, delivered by passionate experts, and applied research within the various lectorates. We train our students to become responsible and proactive professionals who make a positive contribution to a sustainable society. Van Hall Larenstein offers a wide range of Bachelor programmes, (professional) Master programmes, Associate Degrees and courses and conducts applied research at its locations in Leeuwarden and Velp.