Policy & Engagement
- Define the yearly policy/advocacy strategy in consultation with OEE and the Dutch marine energy sector
- Act as a public spokesperson for the sector and ensure the sector is well known and understood at a national level
- Carry out engagement campaigns at all levels, with or without the support of marine energy players
- Write policy documents – primary position papers but also potentially larger publications such as the ‘ETIP Ocean Powering Homes’ report
- Identify media outreach and public relations opportunities, and engage with the press where of value
- Conduct policy analysis to generate data and define main messages
- Engage with external stakeholders – industry coalitions, renewable industry, NGOs,
- Organise an annual event, bringing together the sector and important decision-makers
- Engage with national-level engagement efforts in other European countries to ensure coordination – e.g. France, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, the UK
Services to the Sector
- Regular engagement with Dutch marine energy players
- Answer policy queries Dutch marine energy players
- Write briefings on key Dutch funding opportunities and new legislation
- Consult the sector on policy dossiers
- University degree in relevant field (political sciences / economy / environment…)
- Mandatory: Minimum 7 years experience
- Mandatory: Excellent oral and written Dutch & English (proven)
- Mandatory: Proven track-record in working with national-level institutions and authorities in the Netherlands – e.g. Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy, Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management
- Mandatory: excellent knowledge of Dutch government structures and decision-making processes
- Asset: In-depth understanding of the Energy / Renewables / Marine Energy sectors at a national, EU and world level.
- Highly driven, self-motivated and ambitious for the sector.
- Sound judgement. Able to provide rapid analyses of data & issues and to identify which actions will deliver most value for the sector.
- A clear and compelling communicator. Able to articulate the value of the sector to society and to present recommendations to internal and external audiences.
- An open and secure personality, willing and able to work collaboratively with a wide range of different personality types