The position operates together with internal and external stakeholders and is considered specialist on Dutch and international Foundations. The position reports directly to the Manager Program Development and Donor Engagement. The Unit is part of the Programs Department.
Goal of the Program Development and Donor Engagement Unit:
To support the organization in maintaining and increasing its work Oxfam Novib sets ambitious growth targets on income. The Program Development and Donor Engagement Unit (PDDE) in The Hague is a team of dedicated institutional funding experts that are supporting the organization in reaching its ambitions through effective engagement and partnership building with its institutional donors.
As Donor Engagement Manager (DEM) Foundations, you will be part of a team covering a variety of donors delivering professional services to optimize institutional donor funding by developing and strengthening partnerships with key donor accounts, actively collecting and sharing donor intelligence with program units and country offices, facilitating networking and strategic donor engagement to pre-position for funding opportunities, as well as providing support during proposal development to ensure qualitative proposals.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- (Pro) actively identifies funding opportunities with the institutional donor for our programmes. You will do so by show casing and sharing expert knowledge of the donors’ funding modalities, and concrete funding opportunities, ways of working, policies, strategies and planning cycles to the organisation and countries in which we operate;
- Builds up and maintains a network of contacts and partnership relations with donors and other related potential partners including other Oxfam affiliates. As such you (pro)actively identify and influence new and innovative cooperative opportunities with the donor, also by ensuring that full use is made of Oxfam’s project and advocacy portfolio, as well as other related material available for external sharing. You are also expected to keep Oxfam Novib programme teams and Oxfam offices at country level up to date with trends and other related information gathered through your partnership engagement and you represent Oxfam Novib with this donor;
- Income growth. You advise and support Oxfam Novib and Oxfam Confederation in meeting and exceeding its institutional donor funding target;
- You contribute with donor intelligence on Foundations to funding strategies of Oxfam Novib programme teams and Oxfam country offices as part of their business plan and also contribute to the Oxfam Novib institutional funding strategy for the Donor portfolio you are responsible for;
- In your specialist role you participate in discussions and negotiations within Oxfam Novib and the wider Oxfam Confederation on Institutional Funding related issues (policy, framework, service, ways of working, strategies) and take a leading role at times;
- Quality and compliance. Form your role, you support our colleagues from CORE (Compliance and Risk Support) with expert advice as to how to adhere to donor requirements in regard to donor fund applications and project management and to maintain up-to-date knowledge and relationships with the donor agencies;
- You are flexible and able to provide support on other donor accounts when required.
Technical skills, Expertise & Knowledge:
- At least a HBO (Bachelor) degree relevant to the function;
- A minimum of five years of experience in a similar position in an international organisation;
- Good knowledge of and experience in institutional fundraising for NGOs from institutional donors;
- Proven knowledge, fundraising and contract management experience;
- Proven examples of working with and raising funds from Dutch/International Foundations;
- Knowledgeable about the Foundation landscape, programming and funding trends;
- Broad and extensive knowledge of project and programme management preferably gained through experience in the field or through regular missions, as well as experience and knowledge of Project Cycle Management, including monitoring, technical and financial reporting;
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, prioritise, meet deadlines, and hold self and others to account;
- Proven experience in representing an organisation to institutional donors at senior level. Strong networking, representational, and negotiation skills;
- Experience in providing training, including from a distance, preferably on institutional funding related issues;
- Good communication skills , with proven ability to build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, including from a distance;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both written and spoken.
The key competencies for this position are:
Result orientation, Co-operation, Planning & Organization, Customer orientation, Creativity and Enterprise.
What we Offer
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. The salary range for this position is set in scale 9 with a salary range between €2.911,- to €4.479,- based on 36 hours a week. Benefits typically include annual pay increases, performance-related salary increases, holiday allowance, contributions to commuting costs, vacation days, parental, care and special leave, a private bicycle scheme, pension scheme, etc.
Applicants for this contract must be Dutch nationals or a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
Please click here to apply