MSF is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. We are a non-profit, self-governed, member-based organisation. MSF was founded in 1971 in Paris by a group of journalists and doctors. Today, we are a worldwide movement of more than 63,000 people.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. The ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (OCA) is a partnership that is composed of the partners MSF-Canada, MSF-Germany, MSF-SARA, MSF-Sweden, MSF-Holland and MSF-United Kingdom. MSF-OCA has a team of more than 11,000 staff working in 115 emergency projects in about 31 countries.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 400 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations. Around 50 staff focus on recruitment, communication and fundraising in The Netherlands (MSF-Holland) and 350 staff are focused on supporting MSF-OCA operations.
At Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Artsen zonder Grenzen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. We encourage applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such, MSF is by choice (Chantilly) an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and commitment and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
With immediate effect we are seeking an:
Director’s Office Project Manager – Transformation Lead (100%)
Flexible Global location
Place in the organisation
The Project Manager – Transformation Lead will work closely across departments and offices as a focal point for several critical cross-cutting areas of the organisation. Playing a key project management role within the department of the Directors Office in support of the Operational Centre Amsterdam (OCA) GD and OCA Management Team. This role is functionally line managed by the Head of Directors Office.
To partner with cross functional teams to drive strategy deployment, encourage the use of information to drive decision making, provide thought leadership in delivering capabilities that provide premium service, optimize productivity and enable business growth; managing multiple project cycles. This role will focus on the implementation of the Operational Centre Amsterdam (OCA) strategic Plan, will manage the OCA Planning and Control cycle, and will run our annual Coordinator Days event.
Responsibilities and activities
The work, responsibilities and activities that the Project Manager has to deal with are diverse with different disciplines. You will be in charge of different cycles to coordinate in a form of a project. Your work week will exist of the following non-exhaustive list:
- development and implementation of prioritized projects – engage teams and inspire change management in the areas of transformational and change management projects
- project plan development, deployment and adoption of system and operational process improvements in partnership with OCA departments and offices
- continuous process/system improvements – find opportunities, initiate root cause analysis and or drive capability building and implementation/adoption
- well-designed projects, proper governance, communication and change management, and overseas the benefit realisation statement is tracked and achieved
- alignment between internal OCA and international MSF movement
- capabilities are executed in support of meeting functional performance targets
- Takes bold steps in the adoption of technology; working closely with colleagues across teams in the use and development of dashboards and other tools
- Support capability intake processes and business case development
- Lead teams to standardize, simplify, and ensure consistent processes & projects
- Provide subject matter expertise to deliver innovative solutions and, where relevant, initiative, drive and implement solutions
- Partner with process managers to identify improvement opportunities, develop business cases, and drive the prioritization and delivery of projects
In this role you will be the partner and enabler for Senior Leaders to the strategic direction of OCA – being a focal point internally and external.
- Directors Office Team; including internal communications
- Department in HQ and potentially in the field
- Focal points from other departments
- Members of various MSF international platforms
- Potentially with third-party suppliers or consultants
We are looking for leadership, a manager who is continuously willing to learn, inspire and strive for a better communication with strategic vision
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or additional experience in lieu of a degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast – paced environment and anticipate the needs of a changing landscape
- Capacity to anticipate, comprehend and manage project dependencies across other initiatives in the network
- Good Change Management / Transition skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, BI reporting, data analytics, dashboards Office 365 solutions
- Conceptually strong, being able to think “big and small” and an excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with implementing change management projects
- Relevant project management experience in an international setting
- Flexible team player with infallible integrity and ethical standards
- Takes ownership and is a self-starter; hands-on, getting things done mentality, enjoys problem solving and working under pressure
- Fluent English essential, both written and spoken
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment
- A contract for one year with renewal option (subject to satisfactory performance, based on a full-time appointment
- Remote working is possible: Preferably from one of the global MSF locations and with the ability to adapt to the CET time zone and the flexibility to visit HQ in Amsterdam on a regular basis
- A local salary commensurate with experience based on an internal salary grid is offered for this role and will be discussed during the selection phase. In the case the role is based in Amsterdam, we offer a monthly gross salary in scale 7 (in case of a Dutch contract) between € 3397 and € 4851 depending on professional experience, based on a fulltime appointment (40 hours per week)
- Other benefits include 30 holidays per annum (based on a fulltime appointment) and a premium-free pension plan
Information and Application
Do you have the natural ability to keep an overview and you know exactly how to prioritize the work to be done? Setting up a schedule, monitoring the process and delivering it on time are part of your responsibilities. With short deadlines apparent, you do not panic, but instead ensure that you go on, using a “can do” approach. Then we would like to see your CV and motivation letter.
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information about the job, please contact the Head of Directors Office Kerry Brandon.
For questions about the process, MSF in general or the terms and conditions of employment, please contact the Recruiter Adeline Degratet.
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via this ‘Apply’ button. Please upload a letter of motivation and a copy of your resume in English as one combined document. Only applications with a motivation letter will be considered.
Deadline for application is 3rd August 2021 at 23h59 CET. Selection will be done by means of one interview (assessment included), planned for second week in August 2021.
***Acquisition is not appreciated***