The Data Protection Officers (DPO) are part of Control Unit and reports directly to Controller. The Control Unit is a staff department that reports to the General Director and the Board of the association. The Controller is responsible to ensure the availability of quality data for decision making on steering and management control and for internal and external accountability and to supply expertise to the board and management on issues of governance and compliance to the principles of good governance codes, rules and regulations. The Control unit comprises of the Control, the Internal Audit, Risk Management and Compliance, Information Security and Data Protection and the Legal Counsel functions.
- Advise and inform the organization about all questions, issue and matters arising in the context of the protection of personal data contained in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Support the continuous compliance with the GDPR and other relevant laws and guidelines
- Supervising the compliance with the GDPR and other relevant laws and guidelines.
- Identifying and recommending on any non-compliance issues or risks, including keeping the risk inventory.
- Ensure data protection documentation and procedures are up to date and consistently applied throughout the organisation (including maintaining the data protection documentation database system).
- Proactively advise and assist departments on conducting Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Supporting and advising with a variety of questions from the organization regarding the protection of personal data, where necessary with the help of external experts.
- Keeping track of and informing about relevant developments in the domain of privacy and data protection.
- Handling of (alleged) personal data breaches and/or data privacy infringements.
- Supervising the response to and handling of requests from data subjects.
- Handling inquiries and complaints raised by data subjects in the matter of data protection.
- Promote awareness and instigate training of staff and
- When necessary, raising awareness and escalation of (possible) infringements of data protection law with the higher-level management.
We are looking for
An enthusiastic person who has a self-confident and result oriented attitude. Integrity and contextual awareness are key competences.
- You have up to date knowledge of privacy and data protection, compliance, or risk management at higher vocational level.
- You have at least two years working experience advising on privacy laws and risks and you are comfortable providing privacy advice to senior level stakeholders.
- For the role of Data Protection Officer for health data, you have a relevant experience in health data protection and medical innovation & operational research.
- You are a critical thinker who understands the need for a risk based approach when providing legal advice.
- You have a strong understanding of the interrelationship of privacy laws and areas such as data governance, IT security, marketing, analytics and the delivery of health services.
- Good communication skills are essential, and an excellent command of English is a necessity.
- Competencies: Results and Quality Orientation, Initiative & Innovation, Teamwork & Cooperation, Capacity to Negotiate, Analytical Thinking, Security Awareness and Management
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment
- A contract for 1 year with a renewal option (subject to satisfactory performance) based on a part-time appointment (20 hours/week).
- A gross monthly salary in Scale 7 between € 3.397,- and € 4.851,- depending on professional experience, based on a fulltime appointment.
- Other benefits include 30 holidays based on a fulltime appointment and a premium-free pension plan.
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the ‘Apply’ button on the vacancy page on our website. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
If you would like additional information, please contact Thijs van Buuren, Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application is: 16th April 2021.
An assessment may be part of the selection procedure.