Objective of the position
Oxfam Novib, the International Land Coalition and the Rights and Resources Initiative are looking for a campaigning champion who, together with us and many others, will work towards creating a socially and economically just world with secure land rights for its most vulnerable communities. The position is housed by Oxfam Novib.
The coordinator for Land Rights Now will coordinate the LandRightsNow campaign, which is an international alliance campaign co-convened by Oxfam, ILC and RRI that aims at securing Indigenous Peoples’ and local communities’ land rights everywhere (more info on www.landrightsnow.org). The alliances has more then 850 members world wide.
We are looking for a person who has experience in leading the development of joint campaigns and mobilization strategies for networks and alliances. You have a clear understanding of digital and offline campaigning and influencing; you are proactive and creative; you know how to communicate with the public as well as influential leaders; have experience in coordination of networks and alliances and in supporting international campaigning alliances based on national level priorities of national organisations. Having an understanding of collective land rights is an added value.
You also have a broad understanding of campaigning tactics, including popular mobilization advocacy and working with the media.
- Coordinate the implementation of the LandRightsNow campaign and its communications strategy, in close coordination with an international consortium of organizations and networks working on Indigenous and community land rights;
- Support the development and implementation of national and global campaigns as agreed by the stakeholders;
- Coordinate the process, planning and communications for campaigns with and for the co-conveners of the LandRightsNow Campaign, and liase with its LandRightsNow board to prepare annual workplans and budgets;
- Support existing and new efforts to promote collective action, including by facilitating the identification of opportunities in joint public campaigning online and offline – within countries and across regions – with Land Rights Now member organizations;
- Lead the implementation of the growth strategy of the LandRightsNow campaign and lead and support initiatives to grow its network and membership;
- Facilitate coordination and communication among members, board members and co-conveners;
- Ensure clear and regular communication within the network between all stakeholders;
- Manage (on-line) content and materials for campaigns;
- Project manage external grants and budgets when needed and support/initiate resource mobilization. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of campaign activities for donors.
- An academic level (master’s degree) or a relevant qualification at HBO (Higher Vocation Education);
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in (public) campaigning;
- Leadership skills, the capacity to motivate others, and demonstrated ability to facilitate international and virtual teams;
- Proven experience working in an alliance or consortium of representative organisations;
- Experience working on land rights in relation to the rights of Indigenous Peoples and Local Communities (peasants, fisherfolks, etc.) and intersecting issues is a plus;
- Fluency in written and oral English. Fluency in Spanish and/or French is a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and attention to detail;
- Proven experience and knowledge of innovative offline and digital campaigning;
- Ability to think creatively and work strategically while being pragmatic;
- Keen passion for human rights and social justice and is knowledgeable of the UN’s global sustainable development goals (SDGs), particularly those addressing issues of climate change, biodiversity loss, poverty, and insecure livelihoods linked to land rights;
- Lived working experience in countries in the Global South is highly preferred;
- Applicants must be nationals of a European Union member state or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. This position is classified in scale 9. The monthly gross salary range is between € 2.911 to € 4.479 on the basis of 36 hours per week.
Want to apply?
If you think you’re the person we’re looking for and this is the job you want, we would love to meet you. Please click here to apply to send your application letter and resumé/C.V. in English. Deadline for applying is 17 October 2021.