KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is one of the leading international non-profit organizations dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide. We are an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; including medical doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands, and subsequently by partnering in the fight against TB in over 40 countries worldwide.
We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands and additional country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
Purpose of the position
The Coordinator IT is responsible for providing general support to the organization with regard to IT, acts as the direct link to the IT service provider and is responsible for the general implementation of KNCV’s Data Security Policy including formulating, maintaining and publishing the Data Security Policy and related guidelines.
As Coordinator IT you will:
- Manage services provided by IT suppliers on a weekly basis and by periodical (monthly) service management review meetings with suppliers/consultants for IT;
- Ensure optimal performance of IT facilities for staff;
- Ensure that the inventory of all information systems within KNCV is up to date and coordinate efforts to ensure optimal connectivity between those systems;
- Develop guidelines and standards for IT facilities or have them developed and make them available to staff;
- Implement the IT policy in consultation with IT providers and KNCV IT Project Board;
- Advise and manage IT facilities (hardware, software and services, such as MS Office and Sharepoint).
- Advise on suitable information management systems for specific project needs;
- Advice on database infrastructure and suitable applications for projects;
- Coordinate the KNCV IT Project Board;
- Support all country offices in following procedures and guidelines;
- Implement the IT policy plan, Data Protection Policy, Information Security Policy and information architecture in consultation with staff and IT experts;
- Train staff on relevant ICT guidelines and tools;
- Provide technical support for setting up webinars;
- Monitor the annual plan and budget on IT including software license management;
- Monitor IT trends from which KNCV can benefit and prepares related proposals for the Management Team;
- Follow up on requirements with respect to information accessibility, authorization etc.;
- Ensure effective communication with- and relationship management of external suppliers.
As Information Security Officer you will:
- Initiate the drafting, evaluation and adjustment of the policies related to data security (strategic/ tactical);
- Initiate data security measures and projects and execute them;
- Develop and maintain a data security structure;
- Monitor and guide the implementation of Data Security measures;
- Organize independent reviews (vulnerability check, penetration test, Business Impact and risk analysis);
- Collect data on and reporting Data Security incidents;
- Advise line management in the development of the Data Security Policy and information security plans for their specific responsibility areas and in the implementation of these plans.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- More than 5 years in a similar position;
- Advanced knowledge of ICT and relevant software applications such as Share Point/Teams, Exact, SPSS and STATA;
- Knowledge of information management systems;
- Knowledge of Data Protection regulations;
- Experience in technical support for webinars.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
- Experience in negotiating and relation management;
- Ability to develop and maintain efficient working relationships among staff and contractors.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract until December 2021, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues worldwide;
- A salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
- Full-time employment at KNCV consists of 38 hours per week. This contract is a part-time contract of 32 hours per week.
Application and information
You can apply for this position via https://www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies/ before 30 November.
For more information please contact the HRM Department: phone (070) 4167222. For further information on KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, please see www.kncvtbc.org.