Name of Host Institution: Kabul University of Medical Sciences (KUMS)
Address of Host Institution: Jamal Mina 3rd district Kabul- Afghanistan
Name and Email Address of Focal Point in Host Institution: Dr. Zubaida Anwari Zhwak, email@example.com
Background Information about Host Institution:
KMU is a public university. The mission of KUMS is as follows:
- A culture where scientific inquiry pervades research, patient care and education;
- Collaboration across departments, school, faculties and institution;
- Constantly striving to improve the patient’s experience and quality of care;
- Developing and adopting novel models of patient care
- Commitment to improving the health of local, provincial, and global population.
Title of Position: Surgical Nurse
Organizational Unit/ Department: Critical Care in Nursing
Duration of Assignment: 3 months
Objective of Assignment
Build capacity in the use of theoretical knowledge to formulate a plan of care for adult patients undergoing surgery, and for those with orthopaedic or gastrointestinal system disorders.
- Enhancing professional knowledge and practical work of nurses in surgical wards.
- Update their professional knowledge.
- Positive changes in staff knowledge, skills, and attitude.
- Encourage staff to work as a team in their respective field.
- Performing effective activities in the resuscitation of patients
- Conduct nursing research.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide Training opportunities for surgical nursing and staff.
- Attend and prepare academic sessions and conferences for the above-mentioned staff
- Provide a suitable environment for nursing research.
- Demonstrate safe basic nursing care techniques in a clinical setting
- Learn and use theoretical knowledge to plan and implement nursing care for specific patient types.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcoming
- Client Orientation
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended procedures
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and initiative
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation
- Convenes others to share resources
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Performance Management
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and
- Promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team’s work
- Technological awareness
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Provide training for ICU Staff.
- Excellent technical skills for qualitative learning purposes.
Education and Experience
- Nursing Bachelor degree with 7 to 10 years of work experience in nursing
- Proven ability to teach and train
- Dari: Excellent
- Pashto: Excellent
- English: Average