Name of the host institution: Ministry of Transport and Road Development, Hargeisa
Background Information about the Host Institution
The Somaliland Ministry of Transport and Road Development is a government institution that exists to formulate policies, plans, set standards, build capacity, carry out advocacy, regulate, monitor and evaluate the Transport Sector. The Ministry also provides policy and strategic guidance to bodies under its supervision namely, the Somaliland Road Agency, and the Somaliland Civil Aviation Authority. MoTRD provides political and operational oversight in collaboration with the Ministry of Finance and Planning.
Organizational unit/Department: Department of Planning and Statitics
Duration of assignment: A Maximum of 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
- Demonstrate knowledge of probability and the standard statistical distributions
- Demonstrate the ability to perform complex data management and analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply linear, nonlinear and generalized linear models.
- Demonstrate understanding of how to design experiments and surveys for efficiency.
- Demonstrate knowledge of classical and repeated measures multivariate methods and computational techniques.
- To solve and set systems of data collection to produce clear data that can be easily analyzed
- To interpret the results of sampling (survey or experimentation) or to employ statistical methods of analysis to make inferences in your work
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Adapt statistical methods in order to solve specific problems in many fields, such as economics, and engineering.
- Analyze and interpret statistical data in order to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
- Apply sampling techniques or utilize complete enumeration bases in order to determine and define groups to be surveyed.
- Design research projects that apply valid scientific techniques and utilize information obtained from baselines or historical data in order to structure uncompromised and efficient analyses, and develop and test experimental designs, sampling techniques, and analytical methods
- Good concentration
- Ability to stay calm in emergency situations
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of the highway code
- Self motivated
- Time Management
- Good communication & interpersonal ability
- Positive attitude
- Should be able to analyze and interpret statistical data in order to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Statistics
- Qualifications related to strategy management
- Up To 3 years of professional experience
- Interpersonal, decision-making, organizational, leadership, and speaking skills
- English: Fluent
- Somali: Fluent