The overall objective of CD4D2 is to promote the active role of diaspora in selected sectors in four focus countries: Afghanistan, Iraq, Nigeria and Somalia.
In each country priority sectors and institutions have been identified, in close coordination with responsible ministries and the Netherlands embassies. Assignments are for a short periods of up to 3 months and the project offers an allowance to cover costs.
Background Information about Host Institution
The Somaliland Ministry of Transport and Road Development is a government institution that exists to formulate policies, plans, set standards, build capacity to carry out advocacy, regulate, monitor and evaluate the Transport Sector. The Ministry also provides policy and strategic guidance to bodies under its supervision namely; the Somaliland Road Agency, and Somaliland Civil Aviation Authority. MoTRD provides political and operational oversight in collaboration with the Ministry of Finance and Planning.
The Transport sector is a cluster of priority sub sectors of the economy comprising of roads, railway, water, and air transport. The sector anchors the economy and serves as its conveyor belt. In consequence, its performance depends on how it relates to its clients and stakeholders in the delivery of services.
Organizational unit/Department: Department of Administration,
Duration of assignment: max 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
The Ministry of Transportation and Road Development seeks a consultant to assist the Ministry in preparation of projects in line with the National Plan of 2017-2022.
The consultant should be able to prepare projects in line with the National Plan of 2017-2022 and identify the most cost-effective manner in which to administer the government’s transport management system.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Research market and technology information for the Ministry and stakeholders
- Promoting assurance of quality by training Ministry staff and stakeholders.
- Training Ministry staff and stakeholders in co-management.
- Preparing recommendations for the sustainability of the newly built onshore facilities in the eastern region of the country.
- On the job training for new graduates from the faculty of transportation.
- Time Management
- Good communication & interpersonal ability
- Positive attitude
- Interpersonal, decision-making, organizational, leadership, and speaking skills
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in International Relations.
- English: Fluent
- Somali: Fluent
If you are interested in this assignment please apply here.