Name of host institution: Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC)
Background Information about Host Institution
Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC) is a complex health services provider and a medical practical institution, non-governmental and non-political organization, established in 2014.
KMC is the premium healthcare service provider equipped with the best state of the art medical facilities in Kabul. This is a centre-of-excellence exclusively dedicated to multiple-specialty care. The hospital focuses on delivering Quality and Affordable healthcare while maintaining the core values of Clinical Excellence, Patient Centricity and Ethical Practices. The hospital is driven by our team of dedicated medical professionals and staff, whose clinical proficiency is wholly focused on creating a Centre of Excellence using modern advancements in medicine and medical technology.
We pride ourselves on hosting a staff of exceptionally trained and, in many cases, internationally experienced specialists. Our staff utilize the latest medical technologies to ensure that provide a high standard quality services and patients to receive the best possible care.
Organizational unit/Department: Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC)
Duration of assignment: 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
- Enhancing professional knowledge and practical work of radiology technician
- Update their professional knowledge.
- On job training of Radiology positioning techniques
- Training of apply principles of radiation protection for the patient, self, and others
- Encouraging staff to work as a team in their respective field.
- Describe radiographic appearances and risks associated with specific forms of pathology
Outcome: Upon completion of this program in Biomedical Engineering, our engineer will demonstrate the ability to:
- Will demonstrate proper patient positioning
- Will select appropriate radiographic techniques
- Will practice radiation protection
- Will be able to adapt positioning for trauma patients
- Will demonstrate problem-solving skills for non-routine imaging scenarios
Helping KMC by identifying pertinent and necessary training for staff needed to provide better quality medical services. Radiology Technician training will enable the Radiology Technician to bring specialised expertise to KMC. These international professionals offer patients access to state-of-the-art treatments and procedures, and also provide opportunities for our Afghan staff to receive training and earn credential. The overall goal for this program is to improve growth of health status in order to reduce the level of mortality and morbidity rate in Afghanistan and also to avoid Afghan patients going to India and Pakistan for cardiac surgeries. The Radiology Technician will receive advanced training on radiology skills and will be able to work professionally in Khair Khwa Medical Complex.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Skill development and upgrading equipment for the cardiovascular diagnostic unit (CDU) were emphasized as early priorities in Khair Khwa Medical Complex.
- Internationally recognized Medical Ethics policies well implemented
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Actively shares relevant information
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Learns about developments in updated technology
- Proper training to operate the specific equipment in Operation
- Experience and Skills in effective teaching skills is advantage
- Excellent team management and communication skills.
- Proficiency with a computer and healthcare applications
- Excellent presentation skills
Education and Experience
2 to 5 years of practical experience in the field of Radiology.