The overall objective of CD4D2 is to promote the active role of diaspora in selected sectors in four focus countries: Afghanistan, Iraq, Nigeria and Somalia.
In each country priority sectors and institutions have been identified, in close coordination with responsible ministries and the Netherlands embassies. Assignments are for a short periods of up to 3 months and the project offers an allowance to cover costs.
Background Information about Host Institution
The Ministry of Investment Promotion was created on 14th December, 2017, by the President of Somaliland HE Muse Bihi Abdi, in order to coordinate the fragmented investment projects and opportunities into a single window. The primary mandate of the ministry is to facilitate both domestic and foreign investment opportunities through promotion, media outreach, and the employment of the research and development strategy which aims to prepare and exploit profitable projects that are attractive to investors.
Organizational unit/Department: Department of Investment /Policy
Duration of assignment: max 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
The Ministry needs technical support and transfer of skills to enhance the capacity of the staff at the institution. Furthermore support is required to increase the functionality of the Ministry as well as improving service delivery and the overall status of the ministry.
To lead and support the formulation of policy, strategies, and programs to accelerate private sector development and public-private partnerships (PPP) achieve by the Ministry.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead in formulating strategies and operational programs for private sector development and PPP promotion in coordination with sector divisions, Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD), and in consultation with relevant government agencies.
- Conduct policy dialogue with Governments, development partners, the private sector, and other stakeholders to identify and address challenges to scaling up private sector development and PPPs.
- Coordinate with sector divisions in promoting sector strategies to facilitate the financing of PPP infrastructure projects on a non-sovereign and sovereign basis.
- Develop technical assistance (TA) projects to improve the investment climate and facilitate mobilization of private sector participation and financing.
- Train and coach the department on PPP.
- Good Time Management
- Good communication & interpersonal ability
- Positive attitude
- Knowledge of international and National convictions, laws and regulations of employment to enable a friendly work environment and protect the interest of both employee and the institution.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively develop strategies, action plans, programs, services, policies and/or procedures to suit clients’ needs.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge for organizational restructuring and re-engineering.
- Information technology knowledge and skills for developing a database for the ministry.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree of International Relations.
- English: Fluent
- Somali: Fluent
If you are interested in this assignment please apply here.