Name of host institution: The Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Authority
Background Information about Host Institution
In early 2020, the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Authority was officially endorsed by the Afghan Parliament as an independent entity. TVET is currently being provided by both public as well as private institutions. The majority of the formal public TVET service providers are under the authority of the TVET Authority; however, there are several public TVET institutions which are under the authority of other government ministries. Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) is a priority of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The TVET Authority has made efforts to bring reforms to TVET delivery that could result in greater provision of skilled human capital vital for the economic development.
The TVET Authority is actively seeking to build domain specific partnerships with regional and international partners whereby a specific sector would be supported by a particular partner. This engagement would result in providing better quality TVET education and strengthening coordinated partnership.
Organizational unit/ Department: Policy and Planning Department
Duration of assignment: The duration of assignment is 3 months. The exact date will be identified later upon mutual agreement.
Objectives of Assignment
The TVET Authority is seeking a highly qualified professional experienced in international development. The Program Development Specialist will collaborate with technical staff to coordinate and lead complex or strategically critical proposals on behalf of the TVET Authority.
- Finalization of 11 concept notes along with implementation plans
- Individual capacity transfer plan
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Oversee proposal team to ensure all aspects of the proposal are drafted and presented in compliance with relevant laws and procedures.
- Facilitate proposal meetings.
- Lead recruitment efforts for key personnel as well as local and international consultants.
• Perform other roles in proposal development.
• Travel, as needed, to conduct field assessments, develop technical content, recruit staff, identify partners, and collect cost data for proposals.
- Team player
- Task oriented
- Be a subject matter expert i.e. have proven track record in program development
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in international development, international politics, organizational development, communications, or another relevant field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Outstanding writing skills (in English), analytical capacity, and attention to detail.
- Past experience developing complex proposals for international development projects.
- Possess high emotional intelligence.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and proactively identify solutions.
- Exceptional project management ability including strong skills in;
- communication, both written and verbal,
- team management,
- negotiation, both within and outside the organization, and
- time-management skills (especially when facing tight deadlines)
English, Dari and Pashto would be an advantage.