Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs – KRI
Background Information about Host Institution
The KRI Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs is responsible for regulating and monitoring the labor market in the Kurdistan region, providing social welfare for citizens on low incomes and those with special needs, and supporting and supervising nurseries and other charitable organizations.
Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs
General Directorate of Labour and Social Insurance
Duration of assignment: 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
Opening training courses and making site visits for Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) at work sites, including/concentrating especially on checking the working conditions of any possible migrant workers and addressing how to detect vulnerabilities where migrant workers might be exploited for trafficking.
The assignment will provide the following deliverables:
- Provide training courses and making site visits
- Provide instructions and regulation in the field of working conditions regarding the Migrants workers.
- Address how to detect vulnerabilities where migrant workers might be exploited for trafficking.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Opening a training course for the OSH inspectors in the following locations;
- Strong communication and leadership skills, creativity for problem-solving
- Strong general knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) at work sites.
- Knowledge of the rights concerning the Migrant workers
Education and Experience
- University degree in the field of Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) or any relevant field.
- Experience in providing trainings.
- Experience in labor rights.
- Experience in vulnerabilities and trafficking in migrant workers
- Kurdish highly desirable
- Any other language