The overall objective of CD4D2 is to promote the active role of diaspora in selected sectors in four focus countries: Afghanistan, Iraq, Nigeria and Somalia.
In each country priority sectors and institutions have been identified, in close coordination with responsible ministries and the Netherlands embassies. Assignments are for a short periods of up to 3 months and the project offers an allowance to cover costs.
Background Information about Host Institution
The Ministry of Migration and Displacement coordinates the actions of the Government of Iraq related to migration management. The Ministry is a member of the migration Technical Working Group, which seeks to strengthen migration governance in Iraq.
Migration trends are a growing area of policy interest in Iraq following the displacement of people from areas affected by the conflict with ISIS. As recovery and reconstruction begins, there is need for strengthened coordination, data, operations and policy ensure safe, orderly and dignified migration in Iraq.
Organizational unit/ Department: Migration Affairs Department
Duration of assignment: 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
The assignment will provide computer engineering support to the Ministry of Migration and Displacement to maximize the value of databases the ministry operates. This may include creating an IT roadmap to complete implementation of database projects the Ministry has started but not finished.
The assignment will be achieved through the following steps:
1) a technical review of database projects at the Ministry;
2) helping to complete priority projects to the degree possible;
3) training for Ministry staff on use of databases for routine work.
The assignment will provide three deliverables:
- a technical review of database projects at the Ministry;
- completion of at least one key database project;
- training in Arabic for staff of the Ministry in use and maintenance of databases.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Technical review of database projects at the Ministry;
- Training material on use and maintenance of databases.
Strong communication and leadership skills
Knowledge of IT database systems and design
Education and Experience
- University degree in computer science or work experience in computer database programming;
- Experience in teaching is considered an asset;
- Arabic required
- English highly desirable
If you are interested in this assignment please apply here.