Name of host institution: Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC)
Background Information about Host Institution:
Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC) is a complex health services provider and a medical practical institution, non-governmental and non-political organization, established in 2014. KMC is the premium healthcare service provider equipped with the best state of the art medical facilities in Kabul. This is a centre-of-excellence exclusively dedicated to multiple-specialty care. The hospital focuses on delivering Quality and Affordable healthcare while maintaining the core values of Clinical Excellence, Patient Centricity and Ethical Practices. The hospital is driven by our team of dedicated medical professionals and staff, whose clinical proficiency is wholly focused on creating a Centre of Excellence using modern advancements in medicine and medical technology.
We pride ourselves on hosting a staff of exceptionally trained and, in many cases, internationally experienced specialists. Our staff utilize the latest medical technologies to ensure that provide a high standard quality services and patients to receive the best possible care.
Organizational Unit/Department: Khair Khwa Medical Complex (KMC)
Duration of assignment: 3 months
Objectives of Assignment
- Providing on the job training to the clinical staff on evaluation of patients through questions, examinations, symptom review, and medical testing
- Providing technical assistance to the clinical staff about consulting the surgeons on required procedures for patients
- Conducting academic sessions and workshops for Cardiology team
- Developing SOPs and treatment protocols for cardiology related problems
- Providing technical assistance to the hospital clinical team on how to conduct clinical research to better serve patients
- Coordinate with any other specialist the patient might be seeing
Outcome: Essential guide to Coronary Angiography and Heart Catheterisation
- Avoiding a fatal error in preparation of the patient
- The definitive guide for 100% successful arterial access – radial, ulnar, femoral
- Any science behind NAC and bicarbonate? – How to prevent contrast nephropathy,
- Right and left heart catheterization
- Peri-arrest patient management
- Choose the correct coronary catheter,
- What angiographic view to use and when
- Graft anatomy and angiography
- Safe vascular closure
- Post angiography complications
Helping KMC by identifying pertinent and necessary training for staff needed to provide better quality medical services.
Medical Training missions enable cardiology professionals to bring specialised expertise to KMC. These international professionals offer patients access to state-of-the-art treatments and procedures, and also provide opportunities for our Afghan staff to receive training and earn credential.
The overall goal for this program is to improve growth of health status in order to reduce the level of mortality and morbidity rate in Afghanistan and also to avoid Afghan patients going to India and Pakistan for cardiac surgeries.
Interventional Cardiologist will receive advanced training on Cardiac Surgery and will be able to work professionally in Khair Khwa Medical Complex.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Skill development and upgrading equipment for the cardiovascular diagnostic unit (CDU) were emphasized as early priorities in Khair Khwa Medical Complex.
• Training of biomedical staff and supporting online image reading. The biomedical staff from Khair Khwa Medical Complex trained this field and their capacities built by year 2023.
- Internationally recognized Medical Ethics policies well implemented
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Actively shares relevant information
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Learns about developments in updated technology
- Proper training to operate the specific equipment in Operation
- Experience and skills in effective teaching skills is advantage
- Have good report writing and computer skills.
- Excellent team management and communication skills.
- Proficiency with a computer and healthcare applications
- Excellent presentation skills
Education and Experience
5 to 10 years of practical experience and the incumbent to have specialist degree in the field of Cath lab
Dari / English