Name of host institution
The Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Authority
Background Information about Host Institution
In early 2020, the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Authority was officially endorsed by the Afghan Parliament as an independent entity. TVET is currently being provided by both public as well as private institutions. The majority of the formal public TVET service providers are under the authority of the TVET Authority; however, there are several public TVET institutions which are under the authority of other government ministries. Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) is a priority of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The TVET Authority has made efforts to bring reforms to TVET delivery that could result in greater provision of skilled human capital vital for the economic development.
The TVET Authority is actively seeking to build domain specific partnerships with regional and international partners whereby a specific sector would be supported by a particular partner. This engagement would result in providing better quality TVET education and strengthening coordinated partnership.
Organizational Unit/Department: Labour Market Analysis Department
Duration of assignment: The duration of assignment is 3 months. The exact date will be identified later upon mutual agreement.
Objectives of Assignment
The TVET Authority is seeking a well-qualified Employment Policy Specialist to review the Authority’s strategic documents in the light of matching skills to the job market as well as providing strategic guidance and forecast to the Authority on skills trends essential to the Afghan labor market. He or she will also be responsible for his or her capacity transfer to one or two national colleagues at the TVET Authority.
- TVET Employment Policy, Strategy and Implementation Plan
- Individual Capacity Transfer Plan
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Finalize TVET Employment Policy, Strategy and Implementation Plan.
- Provide analytical and policy support to enable the effective achievement of the TVETA’s institutional strengthening and strategic reform goals concerning employment policies.
- Work closely with Deputy of Academic Affairs and other relevant departments to improve policy and program planning consistent with the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) priorities, particularly the relevant National Priority Programs (NPPs) of Human Capital Development, Private Sector Development, Comprehensive Agriculture Development, and Infrastructure and Connectivity.
- Team player
- Task oriented
- Subject matter expert
Education and Experience
- Must have a master’s degree in Economics Public Policy, Labor Relations and Workforce Development. MS or MPhil in Economics Public Policy or Labor Relations or any other relevant course is preferred.
- 8 years or more of progressively responsible, relevant experience.
- Synthesis capacity and ability to draft clear and concise reports.
- Strategic thinker with very strong problem-solving skills.
- Critical reasoning and logical thinker.
- At least 6 years of experience in labor market research and policy related areas with international organizations, ideally in fragile or transitory states.
- Experience in program budget support would be ideal.
- Experience in Afghanistan is an advantage and would be considered an asset
- Prior experience working in agriculture education, universities, TVET, MoHE, MAIL, DAIL and/or other ministries.
English, Dari and Pashto would be an advantage.